Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

dubpynchon

One Too Many
Ponyweather...

Pony.jpg
Very nice cordovan, now you’re making me think I’d like a jacket in cordovan, oh yeah I already have two :confused:

Last edited:

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
1950s Monarch. I think I can call it that since a pretty strong ID was made in a dedicated thread. The jacket is seriously heavy at 5.75 lbs, but sits well on the shoulders and is not fatiguing at all. 1.4 mm thick (3.5-oz) steer or horse, no idea which. It was stiff as hell when I got it, and after Obenauf's it became more flexible, but far from soft, lol.

DSC_2373.JPG

DSC_2374.JPG

DSC_2375.JPG

Last edited:

roadking04

Practically Family
Conducting more tests on my JL. 38 degrees here on the north coast. The JL did great. Took the collar off and tested with a light hoodie on underneath. For all you riders out there, I think the fur collar adds warmth. I had it on yesterday and took it off today. The jacket seems warmer with it on, granted, it was 10 degrees warmer yesterday (48 degrees).

On a side note, I was also testing my 21oz. iron heart 634s. IH is right when they claim their 21oz signature denim is breathable. My legs were feeling the cold air coming through. I hear their black denim has a tighter weave. I might try the black denim, or step up to the 25oz for cold weather riding. Hope everyone is/had a great Easter.

20220417_171322.jpg

thor

One Too Many
Went to a wake for a former coworker yesterday... Weather was a little wonky. Everything from fog to hail so I decided to wear my Howard Hughes outfit since the guy that died was a pilot of sorts. Good Wear Capeskin AI "Grail Jacket", vintage Dobbs fedora, slacks, shirt and tie.

View attachment 419343

Worf
The whole look is perfect! Good to see you again, pal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider