Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Road trip. Brought the LW CHP this time. Super soft at this point.

36F14122-F19B-4206-AD71-631396BCC1BE.jpeg
DEE73DAF-5748-4788-9258-45DEFA6DAD93.jpeg

Edward

Bartender

Gorgeous bike! What year is it?

1651136400828.jpeg

Wearing this Schott 618 a lot at the minute. Closed, it pushes these jeans down at the waistband; I should really have bought a size smaller in the jeans as I've lost more weight a bit faster than I anticipated, but they are Prison Blues, which in my experience should snug up a bit when washed, so that should sort that. Worn open, the jacket comfortable sits an inch or two over the top of the waistband. Ridiculously pleased to be able to fasten this one, though - not been an option for a very long time. This time last year, I don't think I could even comfortably wear it open.

The one real drawback with this pattern for me is that the "handwarmer" pockets are really just too far back to comfortably get at when I'm wearing it, which renders them of limited use for storage, but that's ultimately not much of an issue as I never use handwarmers anyhow - just there for the look of the thing on all my jackets. Zip-up ones might be used for storage, though, if they can be got at...

Wearing this old friend around has reminded me how much I like it, though. I don't think I could bring myself to spend on it what they now are new, but I do have half an eye out for a rare bargain on a 118 and 613 sometime in the future, possibly. More likely at some point will be picking up the mouton collar for this for when I have a bit of a Johnny Thunders day...

Mysteryo

One Too Many

View attachment 421566

Wearing this Schott 618 a lot at the minute. Closed, it pushes these jeans down at the waistband; I should really have bought a size smaller in the jeans as I've lost more weight a bit faster than I anticipated, but they are Prison Blues, which in my experience should snug up a bit when washed, so that should sort that. Worn open, the jacket comfortable sits an inch or two over the top of the waistband. Ridiculously pleased to be able to fasten this one, though - not been an option for a very long time. This time last year, I don't think I could even comfortably wear it open.

The one real drawback with this pattern for me is that the "handwarmer" pockets are really just too far back to comfortably get at when I'm wearing it, which renders them of limited use for storage, but that's ultimately not much of an issue as I never use handwarmers anyhow - just there for the look of the thing on all my jackets. Zip-up ones might be used for storage, though, if they can be got at...

Wearing this old friend around has reminded me how much I like it, though. I don't think I could bring myself to spend on it what they now are new, but I do have half an eye out for a rare bargain on a 118 and 613 sometime in the future, possibly. More likely at some point will be picking up the mouton collar for this for when I have a bit of a Johnny Thunders day...
You look great Edward! Congratulations to your efforts ! And the Schott 618 is an absolute classic that fits you great

Tom71

Call Me a Cab

View attachment 421566

Phantatstic!

A true Rock´n`Roll look if there ever was one!

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Just arrived: best option for a one star, Brando jacket IMO
LJM-7 in veg tanned tea core HH
By 666 Leathers Harajuku
Japan made.
Great service and advice, reasonable price and held deadlines.
I highly recommend for those into this grail jacket.
And really, fit and comfort are great!

View attachment 421356 View attachment 421357 View attachment 421358

Spectacular!

I´ve just had a quick glace at their website. How did you go about sizing? Did you do all measurements per E-Mail, or is there such a thing as "stock-sizes"?

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up

View attachment 421566

Excellent work Edward!! That jacket looks great on you - as does the cap.

Keep up the focused efforts, they do indeed pay off... :)

Edward

Bartender
Edward
I added an inch and a half in length to a regular Teamster length when I custom ordered this jacket.

Looks good. For a long time I was leery of a leather anywhere between waist and knee length; I think it was an especially nice one in Man in the High Castle that sort of took my attention. There's such a great, workwear vibe from these.

Phantatstic!

A true Rock´n`Roll look if there ever was one!

Thank-you!

Excellent work Edward!! That jacket looks great on you - as does the cap.

Keep up the focused efforts, they do indeed pay off... :)

Thanks, yes... I've tried and failed long term to lose weight for a decade now, but this latest run I think I just had the motivation down, plus seeing results is a big help, I think. The wife and I did it together, which definitely made it easier, plus getting the dog just before lockdown has also given us the drive to do a lot more walking which definitely helps.

Motocann

One Too Many

View attachment 421566

Thanks. It’s a ‘47 EL. Nice Schott jacket! Are you referring to Johnny Thunders of the New York Dolls? I saw him play in a club, just shortly before he died back in 1991. Amazing player.

Mrfrown

One Too Many
I’ve been wearing the Schott 519 a lot lately. Fit is great, fills the void my bates crosszip left in my rotation. Also took a my JL and Thedi for a spin since last post.

I sent my Columbia back to Langlitz, they are planning to make a slimmer jacket for me.

AAF48102-3397-4A92-87B5-1FDCF0B14740.jpeg
A2A0865C-12FA-47FA-8CD8-51B4C8324456.jpeg
CB4407D0-01D1-44A4-BC91-C51FCEDE26F9.jpeg
DDD8915D-DD9C-4AB9-A0E7-9BDD0CE76846.jpeg

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
I’ve been wearing the Schott 519 a lot lately. Fit is great, fills the void my bates crosszip left in my rotation. Also took a my JL and Thedi for a spin since last post.

I sent my Columbia back to Langlitz, they are planning to make a slimmer jacket for me.

View attachment 421634 View attachment 421635 View attachment 421636 View attachment 421637
They should change the thread title for you: "What jackets are you wearing today"? Hell, that would apply to most of us, lol!

Mrfrown

One Too Many
They should change the thread title for you: "What jackets are you wearing today"? Hell, that would apply to most of us, lol!
Hah! I did actually wear the 519 on same day as the Thedi, but felt like it would be overkill to post here.

Work and home life have been full but I don't want to disappear. Hence the "recent digest" posting mode

View attachment 421566

Lookin' good, Edward. You should post more often. The 618 is always good. Kinda jacket you can think of 10 others to upgrade over, yet when it happens, it never truly works.

View attachment 421634 View attachment 421635 View attachment 421636 View attachment 421637

All good tho sleeves on each could be shorter. It's probably the fault of OTR's pattern but if you can get it done cheap, I'd go for it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff