Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Mrfrown

One Too Many
Lookin' good, Edward. You should post more often. The 618 is always good. Kinda jacket you can think of 10 others to upgrade over, yet when it happens, it never truly works.

All good tho sleeves on each could be shorter. It's probably the fault of OTR's pattern but if you can get it done cheap, I'd go for it.

Thanks man. Yeah, the sleeves always seem to be a problem.

The JL is custom, some learning in the ordering process occurred there. The Schott and Thedi are both second hand. Really thinking hard about selling the Thedi and getting one made just for me...with perfect sleeves and correct size body.

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
9ADFA34C-0985-4AFD-A535-AAA0377E1A32.jpeg
D5F7A914-7AB7-4BE5-9DE4-DF5F5A24B830.jpeg

Thedi every day now

torfjord

Call Me a Cab

Edward

Bartender
Thanks. It’s a ‘47 EL. Nice Schott jacket! Are you referring to Johnny Thunders of the New York Dolls? I saw him play in a club, just shortly before he died back in 1991. Amazing player.

Yes, indeed. Poor old Johnny... he was the exact midpoint between Keith Richards and Dee Dee Ramone, a real, charismatic talent. Sadly the drugs (or worse; I know DeeDee always insisted he'd had word Johnny was murdered) beat him down in the end. I always thought the Dolls never really got their due; such an important band, before their time, but criminally ignored all too often now.

That 47 is a beauty. There's something about those older Harleys that just has an oomph to them that for me isn't quite captured the same in the newer bikes.

Edward

Bartender
Lookin' good, Edward. You should post more often. The 618 is always good. Kinda jacket you can think of 10 others to upgrade over, yet when it happens, it never truly works.

Thanks... I might post more often now I'm starting to be able to get back into my jackets again! The 618 is a fun one. I like the stubby lapels, the way to collar sit compared to a lot of other Lancer fronts I've owned. Given the opportunity, I still fancy trying one of the Vanson takes on this style. And an Aero - though theirs is trickier to get the size right on, it'd be worth it for the 'Brando fit'. I'd also like to try the Indian Ranger, but there's a long list when I start to get into it. The fantasy is still to get on the train to Gala after picking up my lottery win - "Three of everything please!"

Courtesy of @BloodEagle , a British sheepskin moto jacket, likely 1970s, big Clix #8 zipper, cool grain. Light, a perfect no-fuss beater for about town. Short front!

View attachment 421939 View attachment 421940

Any idea of the brand? It has some similarities to a Mascot, but I don't think it is quite. Hide looks like a very typical type for the period.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko