Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Leigh H

Practically Family
New arrival, Levi's Suede Fringe.

Not a style for everyone i know :)

QDO7U0y.jpg
VDF7SQu.jpg

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
New arrival, Levi's Suede Fringe.

Not a style for everyone i know :)

QDO7U0y.jpg
VDF7SQu.jpg

I love it! One of the few jacket styles that I really feel like trying but haven't owned yet. I saw one from Schott in a vintage store maybe 5 years ago. Still regret I didn't pick it up.

Leigh H

Practically Family
I love it! One of the few jacket styles that I really feel like trying but haven't owned yet. I saw one from Schott in a vintage store maybe 5 years ago. Still regret I didn't pick it up.
yeah the schott ones are great, i've seen a couple of versions by them, i nearly bought there version with the snap buttons.

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
Finding a time to wear it in that LA weather is going to be a challenge :)

Looks great!
ha, ha. You'd be surprised. Consistently gets down into the 50s at night even into June. And this is super light weight, not like the B3s.

I love vintage D-1´s. Much more versatile than the heavier siblings. Looks great on you!
thank you! Well it's not true vintage, but it certainly looks the part. I'll take some photos later of the leather. Has that really broken in crackly sheepskin look.

I did more research on the models, and I guess the ones that come from Aero are usually standard sleeve length, about 24.25 inches. Thurston Bros adds 2 more inches. So it could be that this is the standard model and that would explain the shorter sleeve length and also why I"m not seeing as dramatic of a fury cuff at the end (plus probably several years of wear).

But, there's still something off about the sleeve ends as I can see stitch holes from where the ends were pinched. Not sure if that's spec or someone tried to taper and then changed their minds. Who knows? It's OCD type stuff, nothing that really diminishes from the jacket unless you're breaking out a microscope. Unfortunately someone did mess with the throat latch though. Not that I ever see myself sealing it all the way to the top. Thankfully that is completely hidden again, unless you flip the collar over. Oh well, checks off a few boxes for me overall at a really good price. Getting closer and closer to done done LOL.

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
Didn't want to monopolize the thread with my d1, so last post about some grain shots. Got some fit pics in my IG too if you're interested.

20220503_093331.jpg
20220503_093208.jpg
20220503_093116.jpg

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Couple quick pics of 'The Bon Marché' mid 40s halfbelt.

I might as well cancel all my eBay and Etsy search notifications because it doesn't get much better than this.

Highly detailed and awesome design, beautiful deep brown / Burgundy horsehide, almost mint condition.

1393D3BA-D4C0-413C-BBB7-607E125B32A3.jpeg
578F95DE-FD4A-4FA2-BB4F-7F5EAEA7F15E.jpeg
29F3DFC9-4BAF-4D58-B978-FB415F3AC48A.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ