Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Jiaward

One of the Regulars
Wearing this 1951 Buco J65 received from a very friendly and accommodating forum member yesterday. I'm 6'2, so this vintage cropped design comes up pretttty short, probably a little shorter than i would otherise go for, but y'know - its a cool old jacket. I don't think (I hope) it looks too out of whack, I'd be interested to see what other forum members think. Here's some pics of me rattling around my man cave in it
I have the same problem at 6’1” but I like the jacket and the arms and shoulders fit pretty good so I’m just going to roll with it.

Attachments

• 5B5D959C-9526-4841-A41E-F123D8A4469A.jpeg
    5B5D959C-9526-4841-A41E-F123D8A4469A.jpeg
    956.7 KB · Views: 119
  • 5C2A6540-30AB-4D56-A8EC-8ED82628DD21.jpeg
    5C2A6540-30AB-4D56-A8EC-8ED82628DD21.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 123

barnabus

One Too Many
Thanks man.

I almost bought a pair of these last week. They look like incredible value.

I've held off though, for now...

barnabus

One Too Many
Right. I've been for a lovely ride this afternoon, first time wearing a new riding jacket.

It's a DXR Vinz, which is obviously not a maker of any interest to the retro crew, but the subtle cross zip styling is lovely. CE rated, and in these pictures I've replaced the supplied armour with some lower profile Resurgence D3O Ghost inserts. I don't think you can even tell there's armour in it.

It's analine cowhide, and so soft and supple it wears like nothing at all. As you can see, it's slim and snug - but it feels tailored rather than tight.

The colour is called Moka, and it's a dark chocolatey brown with lovely luminous undertones.

As I say, first wear, so I expect it will settle in and conform a little more than it already does. But I already like it so much I'll be wearing it off the bike too I reckon.

Probably take the armour out then though.

IMG_20220521_170248681_HDR~2.jpg
IMG_20220521_170338670_HDR~2.jpg

Wearing this 1951 Buco J65 received from a very friendly and accommodating forum member yesterday. I'm 6'2, so this vintage cropped design comes up pretttty short, probably a little shorter than i would otherise go for, but y'know - its a cool old jacket. I don't think (I hope) it looks too out of whack, I'd be interested to see what other forum members think. Here's some pics of me rattling around my man cave in it View attachment 427605 View attachment 427606
Fits exactly as it was designed to fit! It’s shorter by design, so that you can easily wear it zipped and seated (presumably most the day, as an m/c cop). Sleeve is perfect. Wear it with a black t shirt if the length is of concern. In my view it’s doing exactly as it’s supposed to do and looks superb.

Kfz

Familiar Face
LW J23

5D409C1E-3AB3-4453-B469-E9BF0619B430.jpeg
3A9197A7-330C-4E47-B551-5516777E6018.jpeg

Im starting to wonder if this jacket is cursed or blessed. Another crazy incident today. And if you recall, this is the deer killer. I was in the hills scooting along a tight S curve. A car heading in the opposite direction lost control and was heading right at me. She must have been going 60 or 70, way too fast. My first thought was to get ready to do a triple lindy over the car. I was ready to pull it off. Then she overcompensated in the other direction and the car started to roll as it went by me on my left. Felt like I was an extra in a Fast and Furious movie. It rolled over three times, destroyed a fence and ended up by some cows in a field. I stopped and helped the lady of course. All is well. She was more concerned about her violin than anything else.

So, is the jacket blessed or cursed? Lol.

I’m keeping it no matter the answer.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
LW J23

View attachment 427959 View attachment 427960

Im starting to wonder if this jacket is cursed or blessed. Another crazy incident today. And if you recall, this is the deer killer. I was in the hills scooting along a tight S curve. A car heading in the opposite direction lost control and was heading right at me. She must have been going 60 or 70, way too fast. My first thought was to get ready to do a triple lindy over the car. I was ready to pull it off. Then she overcompensated in the other direction and the car started to roll as it went by me on my left. Felt like I was an extra in a Fast and Furious movie. It rolled over three times, destroyed a fence and ended up by some cows in a field. I stopped and helped the lady of course. All is well. She was more concerned about her violin than anything else.

Damn. Glad you are okay. Both.

Jiaward

One of the Regulars
LW J23

View attachment 427959 View attachment 427960

Well she overcompensated so I’d say blessed today. Glad you’re ok.

Hh121

Banned
Thankfully you are OK, maybe it is time to giving up riding since you have already received "few warning", I would believe it is message from God.

Damon141

Practically Family
Lucky break, hopefully glad everyone was okay but I hope she learns a lesson from this.
I live in Tampa Bay Florida, we don’t have any winding roads but traffic is terrible and everyday it’s a battle watching out for cars switching lanes back and forth with no signals because one lane starts moving ahead of the other for a few seconds.
With populations rising they definitely need better education on driving
Wife said same thing.

NOPE.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB