Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

willyto

One Too Many
Electric Leather Studio X Mushmans - Daredevil, size 36.

I've been searching around on and off on Buyee for a while to see if one of these became available in my size, and I finally got lucky. The fit and cut on this is pretty much spot on I think - feels good unzipped and fully zipped up, and I don't really miss the lack of an 'action back' or shoulder gussets. Leather is some sort of horsehide per the label, and I really don't think the pictures do it justice. My camera software leaves the red color looking kind of 'flat' in some of these pictures, but it looks incredible in natural ight. It must be from the same tannery that provided the leather for my Twist jacket, as they both are smooth, fine grained leathers with similar pull up characteristics.
View attachment 433124
View attachment 433140 View attachment 433121
View attachment 433122

View attachment 433141
That's freaking amazing.

@red devil twin!

Mrfrown

One Too Many
Schott 519 yester-evening. This is the Nordstrom version with burgundy nylon lining, rather than the standard warm quilted nylon.

5383DB95-8F4E-45C4-A70A-C18341D35A3E.jpeg
3ED986B1-8172-4BDC-8862-953FFD38C5E9.jpeg

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here

I've been searching around on and off on Buyee for a while to see if one of these became available in my size, and I finally got lucky. The fit and cut on this is pretty much spot on I think - feels good unzipped and fully zipped up, and I don't really miss the lack of an 'action back' or shoulder gussets. Leather is some sort of horsehide per the label, and I really don't think the pictures do it justice. My camera software leaves the red color looking kind of 'flat' in some of these pictures, but it looks incredible in natural ight. It must be from the same tannery that provided the leather for my Twist jacket, as they both are smooth, fine grained leathers with similar pull up characteristics.
View attachment 433124
View attachment 433122

View attachment 433141

Wow! Killer jacket, killer fit, killer... everything :D

W O W. You've been killing it of late. I like this one a lot. Giving @red devil a run for his money with this one, lol.

Oh yes! And so happy to see that lol

We need more red in this forum :D

lopo

One of the Regulars

View attachment 433124
View attachment 433122

View attachment 433141
nice jackets! Some of the Electric Leather Studio jackets remind me of the 1970s Oshwahkon jackets.

58panheadfan

One Too Many
In my early motorcycling days, 30 years ago, the first motorcycle jacket I owned was a Harro with a mandarin collar. For whatever reason, I later sold the jacket and also lost the path to the Cafe Racer jackets. Until recently when I got this Himel Pinecrest in American Oak Steerhide. I fell in love again with the visual simplicity yet complex cut of a cafe racer.

Himel_Pinecrest_1.JPG

Himel_Pinecrest_2.JPG

Last edited:

sensy

New in Town
avi leather cossack. It was cheap enough, and it turns out I like the cut. I could stand to lose some weight, but I think it fits good enough. If I could change some things I would make the sleeves a bit wider(the circumference is very tight even tho I have twig arms) and it could be a bit shorter. I like it tho.

471BF835-EF57-4148-9548-DC04C7E170FF.jpeg 779F5EA9-170A-4A72-BAFC-D4D68B21143C.jpeg 2B14956C-3B0C-4573-80AC-E12B4D99BAC2.jpeg C3775E2E-334C-4F9D-BAD6-D8A27260E1E4.jpeg

sensy

New in Town
@sensy that's horse, right? Their horsehide seems very good value. How do you find it?
It's horse, and I think it's perfect for a light spring/summer jacket which is what I was after. Surprisingly soft and easy to wear, and pretty interesting grain IMO. The back has a cross crease in the center (one vertical and one horizontal line) that's kind of annoying - I assume it's from being folded for shipping.

I like it for what it is.

edit: Some quick words about buying it: I was told it'd be a 2 week wait, and it ended up closer to 6. As a compensation for the wait they gave me a 10% discount so all in all pretty decent experience.

58panheadfan

One Too Many
avi leather cossack. It was cheap enough, and it turns out I like the cut. I could stand to lose some weight, but I think it fits good enough. If I could change some things I would make the sleeves a bit wider(the circumference is very tight even tho I have twig arms) and it could be a bit shorter. I like it tho.

View attachment 433488
Nice one, where is it made... for sure not in Denmark ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko