Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Mrfrown

One Too Many
Yes it’s hot. Too hot. Still having fun wearing jackets when I can. We do have air conditioning, and iced beverages of choice. Also I have to say the bamboo in our backyard really helps cool it back there.
F55EB43C-4AFA-4EF7-B817-CB59209D2041.jpeg
48C00560-4E25-4E76-ACB3-D5E4DDD26C71.jpeg
36DD6605-E8A1-4A4F-B8F2-4F1775D96A95.jpeg

BloodEagle

A-List Customer
Just arrived 60s/70s Schott Perfecto. This thing looks like it's had a hard life, but it fits supremely well I feel. The lining and front zipper are, well, schott, though. Should I patch these up myself, get someone professional to take a look, or speak to the seller (not a forum member) as this was not made all that clear in the listing? Overall I'm happy though. Here's some pics -
PXL_20220624_100841677.jpg
PXL_20220624_100942077.jpg

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
Nice looking Schott Bloodeagle, the fit is great too. as far as any repairs on a jacket like that, either method is fine .. taking a go at making the repairs yourself will only make the jacket more unique and more "your own". If it is worth making an investment in professional repairs can only be answered by you.. but you cant go wrong either way.

BloodEagle

A-List Customer
Nice looking Schott Bloodeagle, the fit is great too. as far as any repairs on a jacket like that, either method is fine .. taking a go at making the repairs yourself will only make the jacket more unique and more "your own". If it is worth making an investment in professional repairs can only be answered by you.. but you cant go wrong either way.
Thanks - The jacket didnt cost much at all, and taking it to get professionally and sympathetically repaired would likely add up quite a lot. Schotts like this arent especially difficult to come by so its not like I'll be ruining some rare artifact - I'll give them a go myself - could be an interesting learning experience. Ive already been in contact with Schott in NYC who have very kindly offered to send me some replacement stars for the epaulettes. I wonder if theres any way to repair the zipper tape which has split near the male end - I'll have to do some research!

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Thanks guys! It’s actually a bit boxier than that pic looks, but it’s kind of an odd pattern - roomy in the back and slimmer in the front. As has been said, these old Hercules patterns must be built a little differently. For optimal comfort, don’t look past the Sunburst if you need your Art Deco fix.

Makes it interesting IMO rather than a detractor. Aero did a top notch job on this one - extremely clean stitching throughout - I’ll have to check the tag to see who made it, but it’s up there with the best I’ve seen. May be the best I’ve seen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ