Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
On my way to a bachelors party this morning and I’m in my wrangler trucker and my funniest leather pants. Every time I put them on I’m instantly in a good mood. Best purchase ever.

16EA438E-704B-4E66-981C-293C6217085D.jpeg

On my way to a bachelors party this morning and I’m in my wrangler trucker and my funniest leather pants. Every time I put them on I’m instantly in a good mood. Best purchase ever.

View attachment 439978

Fun leather pants legit cured me from leather jackets. These look great on you. Normal, natural. And I think you got some wear into them! They appeared more new-ish when I had them.

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
Every once in a while I think about selling this. But then I hang in the sun, let it soften, and just stare in awe.

I wish it was a little bit thinner cxl and I think that would make it more pliable and practical for LA weather. But it's all good. Maybe with more wears and more sun, it'll get there.
20220725_103328.jpg

dubpynchon

One Too Many
Every once in a while I think about selling this. But then I hang in the sun, let it soften, and just stare in awe.

I wish it was a little bit thinner cxl and I think that would make it more pliable and practical for LA weather. But it's all good. Maybe with more wears and more sun, it'll get there.
View attachment 440490
It looks pretty much like it’s there already!

View attachment 440490
Beautiful jacket. I’d put some pool noodles on the arms of that hanger though!

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
It looks pretty much like it’s there already!
In the sun, it's there. Anything below 70, and it's a turtle shell. Still really stiff and just feels heavy. It's just a thick piece of leather and the usual CXL rigidness. Color evolution is unreal though. Jacket is not even 2 years old and other than maybe a 2 or 3 month span early quarantine pandemic, hasn't gotten many wears. But I did use it as a pillow for a couple months LOL. I think it's getting better though. Seems to warm up quicker and it can't stand up on its own anymore for the most part.

Tempted to stick in the dryer with no heat setting and just let it go for a couple days LOL. Question for those with the tumbled CXL-- is it softer to the touch? Does it require the usual warming up to get pliable?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ