Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Mrfrown

One Too Many
Finally let go of the dream my fringed Kehoe represented (thanks @BikerSEA ) to make room for this beauty. Not for everyone I suppose, but truth is I love it. Vintage Schott Western wear

EA055BB1-177E-49D0-9938-8FD77B7F074D.jpeg
66B209F1-00E7-4D32-81DE-E59CACF896E8.jpeg
C43E12F4-168E-4BC3-A7DB-86A29F9CABB8.jpeg
25B054E7-D043-4ED0-A8A5-062C398E1657.jpeg

Edward

Bartender

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Finally let go of the dream my fringed Kehoe represented (thanks @BikerSEA ) to make room for this beauty. Not for everyone I suppose, but truth is I love it. Vintage Schott Western wear

View attachment 444056 View attachment 444059 View attachment 444057
Fringed jackets are hard to pull off, but these suede western styled ones are on the easier side.. probably bcause they have been poularized by country singers an artists over the past 50 years. I like the look, I like it on you too, very different vibes than a motorcycle style jacket but of a similarily good kind. I would have the sleeves shortened by 2" though.

Mrfrown

One Too Many
Not for everyone, but you carry it well. Interesting to see one of these in black instead of the much more common tan hue.

Thanks @Edward I’ve worn it all day to day and have really enjoyed it. An easy jacket to wear, partially because it’s already attained “beater” status from previous wear heh

Duds, bruh, is the over-sizing part of the look or..? 'cause this huge on you.
Hah Monitor nooo. It’s too long in the sleeves, no question. I included the last pic knowing it shows their length unflatteringly. But overall I think the fit is as I expected and hoped for given the style.

Perhaps a non-suede trimmer-fitting version out there would tickle your fancy (like a proper fitting Kehoe or Electric Leather Studio). I know I’d be interested in one

Love it. Seen a bunch of brown ones in this style. I've got like 3 on various watch lists LOL. What size is this one? I'm ok with the longer length but sleeves a bit long, no?
This one is a 40. Though knowing Schott buying from a different decade may get you a totally different fit. Agree on the sleeves

Fringed jackets are hard to pull off, but these suede western styled ones are on the easier side.. probably bcause they have been poularized by country singers an artists over the past 50 years. I like the look, I like it on you too, very different vibes than a motorcycle style jacket but of a similarily good kind. I would have the sleeves shortened by 2" though.
Agree on the sleeves. And yeah the country western stars have paved the way…this is tame by a lot of country bling standards heh

EAC

One of the Regulars
Heyo, RMC An-j-3a today. I’ve had this jacket for just over a year. Its quite slim fitting and I think in retrospect I should have gotten a size up so I could fit more underneath. But what can you do aye. What do you think of the fit?

View attachment 444087 View attachment 444090 View attachment 444093 View attachment 444094

Disclaimer: I like my jackets to end at the waistline and I hang my pants high; my ideal sleeve length is at the wrist.

To me, it fits a little bit tight in the chest area, it might look better with just a t-shirt/lightweight shirt on, elsewhere is fine. I wouldn't have sized up, the jacket would have probably ended up too long in the body and sleeves.

To mitigate the chest tightness, you could wear it partially unzipped (even more than in the first pic) and add a scarf if you feel cold. I think it would look good, especially if you pop the collar up.

This is based on my taste, of course: if you are fine with some additional sleeve or body length, then a size up could have worked better for comfort and versatility.

I like the jeans, by the way: which Momotaro cut are those?

Reactions: Gum

Gum

New in Town
Disclaimer: I like my jackets to end at the waistline and I hang my pants high; my ideal sleeve length is at the wrist.
To me, it fits a little bit tight in the chest area, it might look better with just a t-shirt/lightweight shirt on, elsewhere is fine. I wouldn't have sized up, the jacket would have probably ended up too long in the body and sleeves.

To mitigate the chest tightness, you could wear it partially unzipped (even more than in the first pic) and add a scarf if you feel cold. I think it would look good, especially if you pop the collar up.

This is based on my taste, of course: if you are fine with some additional sleeve or body length, then a size up could have worked better for comfort and versatility.

I like the jeans, by the way: which Momotaro cut are those?
Yes I agree with you, I do think that it’s a little tight in the chest even with a thin jumper. I think it’s just ok wear zipped with a tshirt and unzipped or partially less zipped will work well as. But for versatility sake and wearing the jacket in colder weather with thicker layers I would have preferred a bigger chest area just for comfort and layering.

I will be acquiring an Rainbow Country A2 in the near future so I will just make sure that I can layer well with that jacket.

The momotaro’s are a classic straight cut. I have big thighs and hips and need the space haha

Reactions: EAC

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Heyo, RMC An-j-3a today. I’ve had this jacket for just over a year. Its quite slim fitting and I think in retrospect I should have gotten a size up so I could fit more underneath. But what can you do aye. What do you think of the fit?

View attachment 444087 View attachment 444090 View attachment 444093 View attachment 444094
It looks great but I can guess by how the back gussets are extending even when your arm are by your side that it must feel very snug on the body. I owned a few (cheap) G-1s in different sizes and while this is highly subjective and many here would disagree (see above), I prefer this style a bit more relaxed-fitting, I like that "leather is gathering at the cotton-hem, more bomber-jacket'ish"-look. Again, this is highly subjective and this smarter look you are going for with this smaller size works just as well!

Reactions: Gum

roadking04

Practically Family
Perfect weather for a motorcycle ride today on the shores of Lake Erie. Overcast, 74 degrees and low humidity, unusually perfect weather here in August. Perfect time for the Perfecto. Also, perfect weather for the Iron Heart 21oz 634s. I originally bought the 634s for cold riding, but they actually make for the perfect heavyweight SUMMER jeans. Very breathable and quite a bit of wind comes in thru the big opening hems on the jeans. I know I used the word perfect a lot, but we don't get to use that word to much in August in Northeast Ohio.

20220813_165252.jpg

Viking752

Practically Family
Perfect weather for a motorcycle ride today on the shores of Lake Erie. Overcast, 74 degrees and low humidity, unusually perfect weather here in August. Perfect time for the Perfecto. Also, perfect weather for the Iron Heart 21oz 634s. I originally bought the 634s for cold riding, but they actually make for the perfect heavyweight SUMMER jeans. Very breathable and quite a bit of wind comes in thru the big opening hems on the jeans. I know I used the word perfect a lot, but we don't get to use that word to much in August in Northeast Ohio.

View attachment 444500
Fine looking Perfecto.

Mrfrown

One Too Many
Almost too hot to take these but I wanted to share pics of the newly arrived Langlitz Timberline. Honestly I’m blown away.

A much trimmer fit this time vs my Columbia.

The collar feels a little tall/in the way on first wear. Also the back is a little long…it seems impossible to get a fit that doesn’t end up with a wrinkly back, perhaps just too much badonk dunno. In any case these are minor concerns, I’m super happy with it.

If there’s interest I could do a write up now that I’ve gotten two very different jackets from the folks over at Langlitz.

6609BF20-B01D-48D3-BCA2-E17AE2662AA0.jpeg
71D0CB44-3DD9-4427-9428-638B431B5046.jpeg
0CC72735-9E0C-4639-B261-10ABEEE6E433.jpeg
D76A4369-5192-420B-BE72-373D70A54CAF.jpeg
51CC3685-55A0-4288-9DDA-8918CE7276C1.jpeg

Viking752

Practically Family
Almost too hot to take these but I wanted to share pics of the newly arrived Langlitz Timberline. Honestly I’m blown away.

A much trimmer fit this time vs my Columbia.

The collar feels a little tall/in the way on first wear. Also the back is a little long…it seems impossible to get a fit that doesn’t end up with a wrinkly back, perhaps just too much badonk dunno. In any case these are minor concerns, I’m super happy with it.

If there’s interest I could do a write up now that I’ve gotten two very different jackets from the folks over at Langlitz.

View attachment 444956 View attachment 444960 View attachment 444957 View attachment 444958 View attachment 444959
Good looking jacket, dig that elbow detail.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB