Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Just got in. Thanks @eonratslear500, great seller. Thank you.

Original Hercules. In KUDU CXL Bison leather!

IMG_6262.JPG
IMG_6269.JPG
IMG_6288.JPG
IMG_6299.JPG

Last edited:

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Nice, congrats. How would you describe the kudu leather? Is it stiff, spongy, dense, soft?
Edit: Turned out it was CXL Bison. Awesome stuff. The soft pliability fooled me.

Kudu is awesome. It's thick and pliable. So CXL Steer thickness and density (4.5oz) but goatskin pliability. Very rustic. It would be price prohibited to do them these days though. Maybe thicker deerskin as a replacement? Or super thick goat.

Last edited:
This is a no-name 1960s Patrolman's jacket I just got. My first cop jacket. Heavy, thick, stiff (I think) horsehide. These things are really v-shaped and short. No beer bellies on those cops. Shoulders - 19", P2P - 21.5", Hem - 18". Back Length - 22". I like the two darts in the back, accentuating the V-shape I don't have, lol. I don't think I have seen darts like these before, anyone? I will need to work out to fill these shoulders, but overall I like the jacket. Needs a wash and a coat of Obenauf's.

View attachment 448293

View attachment 448295
That's super bad ass! Those darts are similar to those I've seen on HB's. My mystery vintage HB has something similar:
7D61FE9B-81B4-4426-8C50-9AA93C62417F.jpeg

They do a nice job of shaping the back with a little bit of structure.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
This is a no-name 1960s Patrolman's jacket I just got. My first cop jacket. Heavy, thick, stiff (I think) horsehide. These things are really v-shaped and short. No beer bellies on those cops. Shoulders - 19", P2P - 21.5", Hem - 18". Back Length - 22". I like the two darts in the back, accentuating the V-shape I don't have, lol. I don't think I have seen darts like these before, anyone? I will need to work out to fill these shoulders, but overall I like the jacket. Needs a wash and a coat of Obenauf's.

View attachment 448293

View attachment 448295

Another spectacular jacket and fit. Looking at the numbers, I am surprised that it can fit ANYBODY (not living in a comic book), but it does to a “T”!

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Another spectacular jacket and fit. Looking at the numbers, I am surprised that it can fit ANYBODY (not living in a comic book), but it does to a “T”!
Thanks Tom. But the shoulders are too wide for me. I take 18" in the shoulders on most jackets; this one is pushing 19.5". The conventional wisdom at TFL is that the shoulder width is the least important measurement, and this jacket seems to bear it out. I can't fight the cuts of these 50s/60s moto jackets. If the shoulder width is the only measurement that is off, so be it. At least I get a range of motion that way.

torfjord

Call Me a Cab

View attachment 448293

View attachment 448295

That’s a really cool jacket. Good catch! I agree the shoulders are too big, but it’s just a different look. I like the fit!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot