Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
I needed them like a hole in the head. They are very well constructed for the price. Great company. Very responsive. Small enough you can text them. That said, i wouldn’t have purchased another pair of boots if not for the fact that they are designed to be able to add a custom orthotic. My feet are flatter than Texas.
lol. Yeah, the insert they include looks seriously legit. I'm going to try and fight that fight and avoid because the Heritage Boots pair I have coming will be my 3rd pair of cowboy boots. I don't even see that many people wearing them in Austin, so imagine when I'm back in LA. Think I got a lifetime supply already.

dublinprem

A-List Customer
Between this and the similar style from Double Helix, do you have any comments on their respective strengths / weaknesses?
The double helix Unus is a great jacket for the price if you order it direct from DH. I found the build quality to be really good. The best part about the jacket for me is how well the buttons are sown and the thread used for sowing the buttons. I don't feel as though the buttons will fall off while putting them on or taking them off. I think this is really important for a button up jacket. I cant say the same thing about FW. I need to be careful with buttoning up the FW jacket, the buttons and the thread seem incredibly delicate. The DH also fits really good on me. The leather is decent and quite thick but there is no comparison with FW. The lining throughout s cotton/cupro which i really like as the jacket doesn't feel like an oven if you are wearing it for a longer duration. Its not of the highest quality like the FW flannel but its good enough. Some other competing brands use flannel/cotton lining on the body but nylon lining for the sleeves which makes the arms sweaty and the jacket sticky in the arms.
FW is all about good quality everywhere except the buttons. I wish they used sturdier buttons and did a better job at sowing them on the jacket with a better quality thread. Other than that the leather is great, although I wish this jacket was in vintage black rather than rude black leather. Although I see why they decided to use rude black, maybe it drapes better for a coat like jacket. The lining is flannel which makes the jacket great for wearing in the Irish weather. If you live in colder environs you might need better insulation. The curved or uneven edges at the closing in the front, which is very unique to FW, is what makes this and the brakeman pattern interesting. I haven't seen that on many other jackets.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
I found the build quality to be really good.
I bought a DH last week and I have to say I'm surprised how good it is. Great pattern, high attention to detail.

Check out the curved sleeve cuff, they even curved the cuff adjuster accordingly. That's a detail I haven't seen on any other jacket.

8A1E468C-E5C5-412D-A06B-FFBFD9964D61.jpeg
2AC5923A-2899-4008-AF43-524A2CB650E0.jpeg

15F8A7D5-5CD7-40FE-A461-0E536CCCDF55.jpeg

The best part about the jacket for me is how well the buttons are sown and the thread used for sowing the buttons. I don't feel as though the buttons will fall off while putting them on or taking them off. I think this is really important for a button up jacket. I cant say the same thing about FW.

I agree, the way FW attaches buttons looks very intricate but feels quite delicate. The DH button attachment feels bomb proof.

FW (top) vs DH

DFA919E3-3332-4529-999D-49598B9D73A3.jpeg

dublinprem

A-List Customer
I bought a DH last week and I have to say I'm surprised how good it is. Great pattern, high attention to detail.

Check out the curved sleeve cuff, they even curved the cuff adjuster accordingly. That's a detail I haven't seen on any other jacket.

View attachment 458160 View attachment 458161

View attachment 458162

I agree, the way FW attaches buttons looks very intricate but feels quite delicate. The DH button attachment feels bomb proof.

FW (top) vs DH

View attachment 458163
That curved sleeve cuff looks great, never seen that before. I think for the price(if bought direct from DH) their jackets are worth it.

zebedee

One Too Many
I was wearing a Vicenza dark seal Mariner today, in the wettest and windiest bit of Hong Kong. After about three hours of being rained on, everything underneath it was dry and it's now got a few more creases developing. I reckon it's as water-resistant as my goat HB and dealt with a few heavy Shanghai downpours, too. I've really started to appreciate Vicenza a lot more than I did at first.

I bought brogue-style handmade boots from Zee's in Tsim Sha Tsui; based on today's efforts, I think they're pretty much waterproof, too.

View attachment 458160 View attachment 458161

View attachment 458162

FW (top) vs DH

View attachment 458163

Stunning workmanship.

Reminds me how details like the curved pocket on your jacket used to be a norm back in the day...

That looks like an old friend of mine. Did it come with fur collar and belt? I sold it a few years ago to fellow on here from CA. It was a great jacket but I got a lttle too big around the waist for it. LW Trojan is one of the best designs in my opinion.

It is my favorite jacket. The one above all others. It came with the black fur collar but no belt. I purchased a belt separately and ended up selling it.

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I was wearing a Vicenza dark seal Mariner today, in the wettest and windiest bit of Hong Kong. After about three hours of being rained on, everything underneath it was dry and it's now got a few more creases developing. I reckon it's as water-resistant as my goat HB and dealt with a few heavy Shanghai downpours, too. I've really started to appreciate Vicenza a lot more than I did at first.

I bought brogue-style handmade boots from Zee's in Tsim Sha Tsui; based on today's efforts, I think they're pretty much waterproof, too.
I am smack dab in the most crowded part of the city so only wearing my denim jacket at night, Still the first time wearing a jacket this season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner