Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Yamahana

One Too Many
I really need some advice. Just recently bought this 70s Excelled leather Jacket in a different than usual style. The leather is extremely comfortable to wear and not so heavy. It only has a few small seams that would need to be fixed but I cant decide if it will be worth all the trouble considering ive already paid alittle more than id like for a used leather jacket. plus I think id get the belt removed because it feels flimsy

I can still send the jacket back but id like some other opinions first if I can do better.

View attachment 458438 View attachment 458440 View attachment 458439
Does the label say "Excelled Made In Japan"? If so I don't believe its an Excelled per say. I'm pretty sure Excelled never made a D pocket cross zip. I have the exact same jacket and it's a much better quality jacket in both construction and leather quality than Excelled. I don't know who actually made them but they pop up from time to time. Very similar to the Sears Oakbrook in design but the D pocket is different. If yours is the same quality as mine, it'll be well worth spending a few dollars to repair.

Oskinator

New in Town
Does the label say "Excelled Made In Japan"? If so I don't believe its an Excelled per say. I'm pretty sure Excelled never made a D pocket cross zip. I have the exact same jacket and it's a much better quality jacket in both construction and leather quality than Excelled. I don't know who actually made them but they pop up from time to time. Very similar to the Sears Oakbrook in design but the D pocket is different. If yours is the same quality as mine, it'll be well worth spending a few dollars to repair.
ooooh it does say made in Japan. I actually didnt realize this at all. So is it worth it? I see lots of mixed opinions on excelled here.

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
Good Wear:

AF30AC79-26C2-4D78-A52E-C763F32E8976.jpeg

Yamahana

One Too Many
while we re at it. Whats your opinion on the belt? Im honestly never going to uses it but its also not heavy enough where it really anoys me. Think I should just keep it on so that the resell value wont drop? THink it looks similar to a buco if it were cut off.
I don’t remember what the belt itself is like. Been awhile since I’ve had that one out. My opinion for whatever it’s worth..
Most jackets with the belt cut off look just like that ..
A jacket with belt cut off

In my opinion yes very much so. Its a much better quality than the average Excelled jacket.

Nice! No idea about this jacket but I couldn’t recall an Excelled D pocket. Learn something new every day. Would you post some pics of this jacket? Thanks.

Yamahana

One Too Many
Here
Nice! No idea about this jacket but I couldn’t recall an Excelled D pocket. Learn something new every day. Would you post some pics of this jacket? Thanks.

Here’s some from when it first arrived.
D8182232-909F-4F7E-9CFB-DFB6F4651987.jpeg
6B220F07-B20C-4441-9FDB-D1590BAA0F03.jpeg
CE5407A7-074E-4B0D-B4F6-62A06D85DA2B.jpeg
17E222A9-A95E-4CD7-9010-B47585361E90.jpeg
D0383E59-D3D5-4761-AC91-E604F9D4ED8E.jpeg

Sagar85

A-List Customer
You really keep shredding this thread with your collection! That Himel looks good enough to eat.
Thank you, Tom. I have said this before, but I'll say it again. This community taught me well when I first started exploring leather jackets end of last year. Never had leather jackets before. It was all hoodies and carhartt :)

As for this Himel jacket, it is extremely light weight even though it is full grain hide (1.2mm). The fit/ pattern being versatile also helps. Love the lining. I feel lucky to have got this as their 'ready to wear' offering at a good discount. Overall typical himel quality and details at good price and no issues like some FL folks had experienced. Only thing I did not like as much (others may love it) is the leathery smell. It was very strong. I had to hang up the jacket in our sunroom for a whole week and then bag it up with a cedar block to get rid of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana