Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
01004BC1-E79F-4A11-888A-13623505ED63.jpeg

thor

One Too Many
7628E71A-BE36-4E13-8A58-3DFC27F5F279.jpeg

Maine in late October; cold, windy, rainy, fog & mist (gorgeous fall foliage on the drive up here!)….perfect place to wear a G-1. This is a Gibson & Barnes “Civil G-1” with deep, welted side hand warmer pockets, a super thick/plush mouton fur collar and very grainy, substantial goatskin. The civil G-1 also is cut a bit roomier than the standard MILSPEC G-1 so there’s room to layer a sweater or fleece underneath.

Yamahana

Practically Family
Circa 2010 Banana Republic chinos. Believe it or not I hunt these on eBay. They were made well then. Very thick and 100% cotton, perfect cut. I’ve developed a hatred for pants with elastic. It’s surprisingly hard to find pants without “action, stretch or flex”. I’ve got 5 of this same pair, about 5 more in other colors. They are dirt cheap on eBay and I buy every pair in my size that I see.
Agree completely. Quit wearing Levi’s because of that, went back to good ole fashioned regular Lee jeans. How do you determine if they’re 2010 era chinos?

Agree completely. Quit wearing Levi’s because of that, went back to good ole fashioned regular Lee jeans. How do you determine if they’re 2010 era chinos?
They made these ones from 2008-2011. I’ve owned them ever since. The pattern from that era has slash pockets set more like work pants and flapped back pockets. Sad as it may sound I can also tell by just looking at the material. Around 2012ish they became thinner.

Mickiemac

One of the Regulars
I really shouldn’t have...it’s still 90F out...total impulse purchase just now...Saw it in a vintage shop and had to have it...navy blue leather on one side/ suede on the other:
View attachment 458786
View attachment 458787
Wow! That's a pretty snappy looking jacket you have there. And each side has a different look so you got 2-4-1. A great find and a great look.

After the Fox

New in Town
t has turned into an Indian Summer here in UK, beautiful Autumnal weather, so think I will pop out in my old generic no label repro A2 which I use for bike wear. Years ago I added the patches,, one that was from an American friend's club in Wyoming, & my old UK HD WL45 club (no longer functioning) and UK Indian club badge (still going strong).
IMG_4235.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko