Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

AerGuitar

A-List Customer
Langlitz Timberline

Went downtown to the Iron Shop Provision New Orleans grand opening. The real party didn’t start til later but I had a good time hanging out with the crew that was there

Ended up snapping this picture on my way out, I liked the look better when the shirt was tucked in but was in a hurry

View attachment 462726
Man, this whole get up just pops! I agree with @Tom71, the brown boots you’re rocking look very cool. I think it comes down to the shade of brown whether or not they’ll go with a black jacket, but I’m no fashion guru by any stretch of the imagination.

Mrfrown

One Too Many
I used to spend a fair amount of time in New Orleans for business Pre-Katrina. Always stayed in the Garden district, one of my favorite hangouts was this Mexican restaurant called Superior Grill. And of course Pat O’Brien’s . Good memories.

Superior Grill still going strong, same with their margaritas! And Pat O’s is an insitution!
Nice outfit! Some may take offence at the “black jacket, brown boots” combo, but I think it looks effortlessly cool.

I know what you say about tucking. On others, I do like the untucked look (c.f. Above re “effortless”). On me I find it rather sloppy looking, especially with a short jacket. That said, a heavy work shirt will simply not be a good tucker.

All in all, your outfit deserves extra credit for ignoring everything Instagram seeks to prohibit you from doing.
Thanks Tom! One of those things where the plan and reality didn’t quite agree but I was happy with it either way
Starting to break in nicely. Jacket looks way better than new out of the box already. Keep wearing it!
Thanks man! Getting caught in the rain walking down to the party probably helped heh. Showing a little more grain and drape every time I wear it

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
Just when I thought I was out, @ton312 pulls me back in.

this started out as a FOMO with all the recent Highwayman and Hercules posts lately. But this has got legs. Will definitely get wears and I've got some room to layer which is really nice.

The blackened brown vic is really nice, little thicker than my Ridley. Feels more luxurious too. One of the best aeros I've handled.

20221106_120449.jpg

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Man, this whole get up just pops! I agree with @Tom71, the brown boots you’re rocking look very cool. I think it comes down to the shade of brown whether or not they’ll go with a black jacket, but I’m no fashion guru by any stretch of the imagination.
I think brown and black goes great together. Otherwise, blackened brown wouldn't work either.
The light brown, of course, fits perfectly.

A few examples:

1667766283107.jpeg
1667766213623.jpeg
1667766235980.jpeg
1667766255196-jpeg.462815
1667766609522.jpeg

Attachments

• 1667766255196.jpeg
    1667766255196.jpeg
    187.9 KB · Views: 545

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here

this started out as a FOMO with all the recent Highwayman and Hercules posts lately. But this has got legs. Will definitely get wears and I've got some room to layer which is really nice.

The blackened brown vic is really nice, little thicker than my Ridley. Feels more luxurious too. One of the best aeros I've handled.

View attachment 462807
Perfect. Congratulations

Mrfrown

One Too Many
Thanks man! I think it doesn’t work if the tones are not different enough from these boots. So black works but I don’t personally like these boots with my tan Schott Duke

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab

View attachment 462807
Great fit, grats!

Good lord @ton312 how did you even squeeze into this, you must have like 20 lbs on @TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
Great fit, grats!

Good lord @ton312 how did you even squeeze into this, you must have like 20 lbs on @TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead
I gave it a light "shrinki" treatment. A spray down with the hose and some time in the sun. Probably shrunk 1/4 size. The pattern is very giving from the belly button up. I've got the cinches pulled pretty tight but if I loosen some, I can easily fit a semi thick hoodie underneath. I think that's why I'll keep. All my jackets are pretty much tshirt only, so it's nice to have this option on this thickness leather. This time of year, Los Angeles can be 45 in the early morning and 85 by lunch and then back to 60 when the sun goes down. So it's very adaptive and looks real nice zipped, unzipped, layered, unlayered. Some hocus pocus magic sauce with the pattern for sure.

AerGuitar

A-List Customer
I gave it a light "shrinki" treatment. A spray down with the hose and some time in the sun. Probably shrunk 1/4 size. The pattern is very giving from the belly button up. I've got the cinches pulled pretty tight but if I loosen some, I can easily fit a semi thick hoodie underneath. I think that's why I'll keep. All my jackets are pretty much tshirt only, so it's nice to have this option on this thickness leather. This time of year, Los Angeles can be 45 in the early morning and 85 by lunch and then back to 60 when the sun goes down. So it's very adaptive and looks real nice zipped, unzipped, layered, unlayered. Some hocus pocus magic sauce with the pattern for sure.
It’s pretty nice having a jacket with the option to layer a bit. I bought my PHWM a little loose for that purpose and it worked out great. That fit looks great on you.

Motocann

One Too Many
Thanks Brother!
You’re on Instagram aren’t you? Check out my IG feed Motocann to see my motorcycles. I only have 5 motorcycles right now, 3 vintage bikes I built over the years and 2 newer electric start. Some of the other random motorcycles are friends of mine that I do work on from time to time- you know how it is, once you get past the initial learning curve on these Babies, you can pretty much fix anything and get them running right!

Thanks Brother!
You’re on Instagram aren’t you? Check out my IG feed Motocann to see my motorcycles. I only have 5 motorcycles right now, 3 vintage bikes I built over the years and 2 newer electric start. Some of the other random motorcycles are friends of mine that I do work on from time to time- you know how it is, once you get past the initial learning curve on these Babies, you can pretty much fix anything and get them running right!

Will do. Thanks. I can change the oil lol. But I’ve been around enough to be able to check the work done on my bike and call
BS when necessary. I would like to learn more. I considered using the GI Bill to pay for it. Make it official. Maybe when I have more time.

Motocann

One Too Many
Will do. Thanks. I can change the oil lol. But I’ve been around enough to be able to check the work done on my bike and call
BS when necessary. I would like to learn more. I considered using the GI Bill to pay for it. Make it official. Maybe when I have more time.
I’m not a fabricator or a custom builder. I’m more into restoration. Ever since I was a young punk, I bought old beat up, rat motorcycles and restored them. I think anybody can do that. Just buy a cheap older motorcycle that needs TLC and you’re on your way!!! :)

Motocann

One Too Many
It’s actually been fun to be able to wear leather jackets with the temperatures here in NorCal being a bit cooler. Here’s my Levi’s leather trucker.

This one I picked up used. It’s the first iteration of their leather trucker (using buttons not snaps) and IMHO the best!

B143C353-A4CD-4CB8-8B67-1C87FCB23302.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko