Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Corky Corcovado

Practically Family
This is absolutely beautiful. I've been after one for a while, and finally picked one up. Might I be able to ask a huge favour: could I see the inside? I'm interested to compare labels and shearling? Many thanks!
IMG_20230105_095651226.jpg

No label regretfully. The zipper and bottom of liner have been replaced. Quilted liner in sleeves with wool fibres. I was thinking to send to Dana for a relining with either wool or all quilted, plus needs some seams repaired on cuff and sleeve, which is why I've not worn it lately.

58panheadfan

One Too Many
Should I buy this jacket? It’s called Curator by Polo Ralph Lauren. How does it look on me? It set me back for USD 1075. The latest collection of this season.
View attachment 478454
View attachment 478443 View attachment 478444 View attachment 478445 View attachment 478449 View attachment 478450 View attachment 478455
A look in the mirror is enough. If there is an honest seller in this store, he would advise against buying this jacket, fitwise and the Jacket looks unnaturally disstressed.

Entropindigo

One of the Regulars
3BDA6E93-5D6A-4F31-ACA7-2433AD15364A.jpeg

When it gets *cold*, this IH N1 has been my go to more often than any other jacket. I like the double zipper, which is really the only reason I got this one instead of a RMC (w the mouton collar and thicker texture) or Freewheelers, which I still prefer in every other aspect. Guess there's always a compromise.

Observe

One Too Many
In another thread there was discussion about skinny jeans, and i havent worn mine for few years, just checking the fit with this jacket, jacket is much shorter than the pants no doubt, but if i decide on this outfit i wont even think about if my jacket covering my pants belt or not
View attachment 478686
View attachment 478687
It's all about the coherency of the overall fit. I think yours works without the jacket covering the belt. Different style than where that "rule" usually applies.

barnabus

One Too Many
Today (as every day since it arrived) I'm wearing my Superdry cross zip. The picture is no good, but does show the fit at least. It's a bit of a Goldilocks - slim enough to look absolutely fine over just a t shirt, but with room to fit over a (horrible!) fleece, and even over a thick hoodie too.

I've yet to try it over my Knox Urbane but I bet it will accommodate that as well. Which will mean I can ride safely in it too and it can cover all my bases.

Everything is for every day, remember!

IMG_20230106_070535540.jpg

Man, Ivan, you’re giving me a tough nut to crack here. Ok, let’s see:

1. In terms of wearability, I’d give a 7/10. It’s short, and it’s heavy, and the lower back is forever inflexible due to the kidneyy panel that seems to have an inlay made from steel.
On the other hand, range of motion is very good, and weight-distribution is such that you don’t feel the weight at all once you wear it.

2. Leather is 3/10. It’s Competition Weight from ca. 2016, and there’s really little justification how plasticky it is.
The jacket is fully broken in, worn hard over many years with topcoat flaking off here and there, so there won’t be any more evolution.

In short: had I not bought via Thiurston-Bros. I would question if it’s really leather at all.

That said, I know that there are huge Comp Weight fans here, so there MUST be really superb batches around…

3. Butch-Factor is obviously 12/10. This jacket gets noticed, and it gets me comments. It’s the quintessential fun-jacket.

Hope that helps. I’ve just re-discovered the Chopper for me after some time of neglect, and it does fill a spot otherwise vacant.

Excellent, helpful and informative. This is why I love TFL & people who know exactly what they're talking about; The stiff kidney panel is something that I never considered in regard to the Chopper, yet have had to put up with so many times before & was equally annoyed with it (I can't remember which jacket it was but I swear, they put a plastic sheet into one!).

So yours is that sort of Comp. weight, huh... Same as the Model A that I had, circa 2018, also from TB. It wasn't an option for me since the moment I unboxed the jacket, as nice as it was but yeah, that's me.

Could you tell me, is this one from Vinted also made in the same leather as the one you got?
https://www.vinted.fr/men/clothes/c...1722161003-veste-moto-perfecto-chopper-vanson

And thank you for the review, of course! :D

Whitters

One of the Regulars
Today I received my first attempt of buying a jacket via a Japanese auction.
others have stated the additional fees and import duties seriously bump up the cost, almost wiping out any savings.

all that being said I am extremely pleased with the outcome...

I have wanted a grizzly jacket for many years, and after viewing this one on Yahoo japan, I decided to throw caution to the wind. This will be my final jacket purchase for a while as I have been a little reckless this last year.

Toys McCoy Grizzly

All tha
SmartSelect_20230106_145105_Gallery.jpg
SmartSelect_20230106_145213_Gallery.jpg
SmartSelect_20230106_145148_Gallery.jpg
SmartSelect_20230106_145135_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
Today I received my first attempt of buying a jacket via a Japanese auction.
others have stated the additional fees and import duties seriously bump up the cost, almost wiping out any savings.

all that being said I am extremely pleased with the outcome...

I have wanted a grizzly jacket for many years, and after viewing this one on Yahoo japan, I decided to throw caution to the wind. This will be my final jacket purchase for a while as I have been a little reckless this last year.

Toys McCoy Grizzly

All tha View attachment 478779 View attachment 478780 View attachment 478781 View attachment 478782

Hell yeah that looks fabulous!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy