Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Excellent, helpful and informative. This is why I love TFL & people who know exactly what they're talking about; The stiff kidney panel is something that I never considered in regard to the Chopper, yet have had to put up with so many times before & was equally annoyed with it (I can't remember which jacket it was but I swear, they put a plastic sheet into one!).

So yours is that sort of Comp. weight, huh... Same as the Model A that I had, circa 2018, also from TB. It wasn't an option for me since the moment I unboxed the jacket, as nice as it was but yeah, that's me.

Could you tell me, is this one from Vinted also made in the same leather as the one you got?
https://www.vinted.fr/men/clothes/c...1722161003-veste-moto-perfecto-chopper-vanson

And thank you for the review, of course! :D

Hmm, the one on Vinted has some noteworthy differences from mine:

- Red quilted nylon liner vs. Black cotton
- lettered sizing vs. Numbered
- brass hardware vs. Shiny nickel

Leather is not really telling with the resolution, but it looks more matte than mine.

Looks good as far as the eye can tell (I much prefer the hardware to mine!). If you can live with the price, I’d say give it a go!

Interested to see how this turns out!

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Hmm, the one on Vinted has some noteworthy differences from mine:

- Red quilted nylon liner vs. Black cotton
- lettered sizing vs. Numbered
- brass hardware vs. Shiny nickel

Leather is not really telling with the resolution, but it looks more matte than mine.

Looks good as far as the eye can tell (I much prefer the hardware to mine!). If you can live with the price, I’d say give it a go!

Interested to see how this turns out!

I just see that the status is quoted as “New”. Man, that’s a good deal here!

Kurland/SC to take my lil’pooch on a long walk.

B466ABA1-3B5B-4AC4-A82A-759B96110FF7.jpeg
CC067118-A19E-420A-859C-F08D2818DC77.jpeg

WWII 10 button. Call the urologist! I gotta pea problem.
6F259316-E44A-48DE-966E-9DC40B862760.jpeg

62B6D820-8DA8-4B1C-95FD-4031EE58ED92.jpeg

I spoke with Charles today. He has some exciting plans for home grown peas at HPA, along with an entire catalog of other stuff…so rather than hop on the buzz, I am waiting for his release. If there’s one thing I love, it’s supporting small operations based in the US, recreating the great outerwear of the past!

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
WWII 10 button. Call the urologist! I gotta pea problem.
View attachment 478908
View attachment 478909
I spoke with Charles today. He has some exciting plans for home grown peas at HPA, along with an entire catalog of other stuff…so rather than hop on the buzz, I am waiting for his release. If there’s one thing I love, it’s supporting small operations based in the US, recreating the great outerwear of the past!

Skip that man, you’ve already ascended the peak of the pea coat mountain. Impossible to top that one.

BloodEagle

A-List Customer
Just checking out the results of some tlc for this 50s/60s white label Harley Davidson cafe Racer, which arrived to me this week with a quite significant cigarette smell attached to it. A bath dip and soak, the drying/wearing process and a coat of Pecards later and I'm really pleased with the results (and am now able to wear it without feeling like I've smoked a pack of 20). Luckily this time I managed to do it without any drama as per another of my threads. Here's some pics for anyone who's interested -
PXL_20230107_102133453.jpg
PXL_20230107_102435006.jpg
PXL_20230107_095441584.jpg
PXL_20230107_095452958.jpg

Harris HTM

One Too Many
Just checking out the results of some tlc for this 50s/60s white label Harley Davidson cafe Racer, which arrived to me this week with a quite significant cigarette smell attached to it. A bath dip and soak, the drying/wearing process and a coat of Pecards later and I'm really pleased with the results (and am now able to wear it without feeling like I've smoked a pack of 20). Luckily this time I managed to do it without any drama as per another of my threads. Here's some pics for anyone who's interested - View attachment 478965 View attachment 478966 View attachment 478963 View attachment 478964
+1 for the Amenra vinyl.

Al 916

One Too Many
Just checking out the results of some tlc for this 50s/60s white label Harley Davidson cafe Racer, which arrived to me this week with a quite significant cigarette smell attached to it. A bath dip and soak, the drying/wearing process and a coat of Pecards later and I'm really pleased with the results (and am now able to wear it without feeling like I've smoked a pack of 20). Luckily this time I managed to do it without any drama as per another of my threads. Here's some pics for anyone who's interested - View attachment 478965 View attachment 478966 View attachment 478963 View attachment 478964

Have a look at Gliptone GT11 as a conditioner, see what you think.

And my last summers Model A wash adventure (bottom of the page)

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/why-should-i-buy-a-vanson.104065/page-16

newtojackets

Practically Family
More Schott spam from me.

New Perfecto I picked up, I tried this on with a slimmer sweater underneath, rather than the hoodie I wore in my original fit picks, and it looks significantly less boxy than it originally did. As others said, it will hopefully break in even further to conform to me. I liked this piece and now it's growing on me further.

IMG_1797.JPEG
IMG_1798.JPEG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot