Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Drzdave58

One of the Regulars
Schott 523 jacket today.
20230126_140710.jpg

Last edited:

navetsea

I'll Lock Up

willyto

One Too Many
I forgot you're working out and these will work for you. I need to go to the gym, lol.
That's the thing, you don't really need to get super big, they still look like you have that shoulder span.

Example: look at my LW Trojan. I can wear it now and I will be able to wear if I ever get bigger (I doubt it lol)

Observe

Practically Family

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
I've always admired this fabric, what specifically makes it "beach cloth"? Is it cotton, wool, something else? I wish I had an opportunity to handle it, seems like it has a unique texture and feel.
It's a combination of wool and cotton. It's 74% wool, 26% cotton. You can see the weave on the outside and it's brushed on the inside.

What I love about it is that it's more wind resistant than worsted wool knits, lighter, and still stretchy.

For example, I also have a Dehen 1920 heavy wool cardigan. The Dehen wool cardigan is heavier, more itchy, and less wind resistant. Most likely less water resistant too.

This jacket is more expensive new than that cardigan, but it does show how wonderful the fabric is. I got mine used and I'm glad I did.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko