Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

JCSD

Practically Family
Freewheelers Brakeman

68BCC76B-F080-492F-BB0C-43DB898692A1.jpeg

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
Thanks for everyone who chimed in to help me with the attachments.

Vintage Cal CHP from @JCSD
View attachment 483455
niceeee. seeing your YT video on it made me rethink keeping mine. It's a great style with some built in bad assery, and just in general, finding good quality vintage stuff is so hard, it's really hard to throw back into the ocean. I still dream about waking up one day and having the front drop grow a little longer LOL. I guess in the meantime, it's Urkel pants for me any time I wear it.

Don in Indiana USA

New in Town
Can I have some opinions on the fit of this jacket? I'm second guessing myself, because although I love the fit and closeness to my body, I think it looks a little long in the torso. I have unusual body proportions (short legs, about 28" inseam at 5'11-6'0), not sure if it's the pants or what but I feel it makes my torso look a bit elongated and my legs a bit stubby/stumpy.

Thanks all!

View attachment 481634
The fit and length look perfect to me, Jasonissm. I figure if you're wearing a made-for-riding jacket on the street and can still access your wallet and front pants pockets readily without having to push the jacket up far or at all then the jacket is not too long for its needed functionality and for a flattering fit. The sleeve length looks right too for a true biker design.

Is your jacket a Vanson (probably a model C or E)? If so the chrome hardware, which I personally prefer, is unusual/custom. If you ever want to sell this jacket please consider me interested…

You look SHARP, man! And you will likely turn some heads and occasion some compliments. The shirt, pants, and shoes are a nice combination here too. Enjoy wearing your jacket in good health! -Don

Last edited:

Jasonissm

Practically Family
The fit and length look perfect to me, Jasonissm. I figure if you're wearing a made-for-riding jacket on the street and can still access your wallet and front pants pockets readily without having to push the jacket up far or at all then the jacket is not too long for its needed functionality and for a flattering fit. The sleeve length looks right too for a true biker design.

Is your jacket a Vanson (probably a model C or E)? If so the chrome hardware, which I personally prefer, is unusual/custom. If you ever want to sell this jacket please consider me interested…

You look SHARP, man! And you will likely turn some heads and occasion some compliments. The shirt, pants, and shoes are a nice combination here too. Enjoy wearing your jacket in good health! -Don
Thank you for the kind words, Don!

It is a Vanson Model E, I believe the Model C2 typically has brass hardware?

I had some doubts about this jacket, and was even considering moving it on after I poured over my fit pictures. When I put it on again, my worries kinda melted away, the torso length is still a little longer than I personally prefer (I like short jackets and higher rise pants), but it is still within an acceptable range and I feel good wearing it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ