Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

dublinprem

A-List Customer
FW A1 wool jacket

WhatsApp Image 2023-01-30 at 16.39.55.jpeg

Mr.Leong

Familiar Face
TOYS McCoy Durable Code33 Double Rider Jacket “The Wild One”, size 36. I got praise from my close friend at the gym just now and it feels amazing. It’s made of horsehide but supple in relative to my other horsehide jackets. Which begs the question: If I had to pick between this jacket and my RMC J-24, which one comes up on top? Within 5 seconds, I picked my TOYS McCoy Durable.
9C0545BA-D857-4176-AD7C-B1A273FBEC94.jpeg

A1432AB5-E8D7-47F0-A0EE-95073FD1B43C.jpeg
Sneakers: Nike Air Force 1 “Snakeskin”
9A2C8062-E78D-4684-ABEA-DEF8A10CC278.jpeg

Comparison with RMC J-24

Last edited:

BloodEagle

A-List Customer
Looks awesome, love the insignia etc - much as I’d like to If I tried wearing a jacket with that back panel design on it around my way I would find myself in a sticky situation quickly, as the local 1%er mc has a very similar logo. I had to return a Buco cap with that skull/piston design on it when I suddenly realised haha

Mr.Leong

Familiar Face
Looks awesome, love the insignia etc - much as I’d like to If I tried wearing a jacket with that back panel design on it around my way I would find myself in a sticky situation quickly, as the local 1%er mc has a very similar logo. I had to return a Buco cap with that skull/piston design on it when I suddenly realised haha
Thanks, movies have a big influence on my clothes choices. Marlon Brando, Arnold Schwarzenegger and Steve McQueen to me are the ultimate cool icon. We don’t have your problem where I live, it’s perfectly safe here. People in general don’t meddle in other people’s business.

Last edited:

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Quite. Anyone wearing the painted ones outside of East Asia is an idiot or has a death wish.

Them folks are the dominant club in Florida. I’ve seen many a fool get into sticky situations with them. It’s not rocket science. Now, in TX, it’s a different club, less fools though. Must be a FL thing lol.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
TOYS McCoy Durable Code33 Double Rider Jacket “The Wild One”, size 36. I got praise from my close friend at the gym just now and it feels amazing. It’s made of horsehide but supple in relative to my other horsehide jackets. Which begs the question: If I had to pick between this jacket and my RMC J-24, which one comes up on top? Within 5 seconds, I picked my TOYS McCoy Durable.
View attachment 485170
View attachment 485171 Sneakers: Nike Air Force 1 “Snakeskin”
View attachment 485177
Comparison with RMC J-24

That’s as close to a grail piece as it will ever be for me. Don’t think I could find one in my size and not really looking too!

Needless to say: looks really great on you!

Mr.Leong

Familiar Face
That’s as close to a grail piece as it will ever be for me. Don’t think I could find one in my size and not really looking too!

Needless to say: looks really great on you!
Thank you very much! Agreed, a grail piece for me as well

Chris_K

One of the Regulars
View attachment 485170
View attachment 485171 Sneakers: Nike Air Force 1 “Snakeskin”
View attachment 485177
Comparison with RMC J-24
I have to say, I'm so used to seeing Toys McCoy's beautiful insignia jackets on their instagram feed, it's cool to actually see one being worn in the wild, and worn well! I probably couldn't get away with it where I live in the UK, but in your context and where you live by the sounds of it, no problems.

That said, I have every intention of eventually picking up one of the new model J-24's. That in itself will require a certain unwavering inner confidence to wear, same applies to all motorcycle jackets really. As I saw someone else mention before, it's the aura of these mc jackets as much as anything.

Last edited:

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It's not just the biker gangs, the Black Rebel part is just as inappropriate, if not more... The skull logo is neat but I'd definitely try to wipe the lettering off the jacket.

On an art level, these are really cool, especially since my understanding is that the decorated jackets are hand-painted by the owner of TMC (founder of the original Real McCoys), hence the big premium over the plain jackets.

But yeah, wearing fictional gang insignia in the west is going to go badly…

His Marilyn Monroe art or something would be more wearable though.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
It's not just the biker gangs, the Black Rebel part is just as inappropriate, if not more... The skull logo is neat but I'd definitely try to wipe the lettering off the jacket.

How so?

Somebody knowing about the movie will see the jacket for what it is: a purely pop-cultural reference piece, not unlike the „Hilts„ A-2 or a „Top Gun“ G1.
Others will just see a painted jacket with a random acronym and a skull that they will find either „silly“ or „cool“. Unless they have a decent half-knowledge of contemporary culture, in which case they will mistake you for a fanboy of the SanFran rock band ;).

I do see that you may run into issues with 1%. gangs in some parts of the world.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk