Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Leigh H

Practically Family
Greetings All:
Dropping in with an old Cal straight zip Pig jacket. I bet this cop, with a sense of humor, was really pissed when someone came at his jacket with a blade. Whomever stitched it up must have been a heart surgeon.
I Bin’d this so fast for about $75 several years ago before i saw the railroad track scars and never tried it on. Ashamed because it’s a fine old Cal but kinda cool looking still.
I laughed when i saw the pigs carved under the badge and back of kidney panel. Gotta be a great story behind it. Prob involves “my best friend’s girl...friend, that used to be mine”. Cars78’
Be well Bowen
View attachment 488773 View attachment 488774 View attachment 488776 View attachment 488777 View attachment 488778 View attachment 488779
Fits you great! Love it!

Johnny Deadlifts

A-List Customer
First time I have contributed to this thread. Five Star vintage wind breaker in Whiskey HH. View attachment 488488 View attachment 488489

First time I have contributed to this thread. Five Star vintage wind breaker in Whiskey HH. View attachment 488488 View attachment 488489

Nicely done:)

Motocann

One Too Many
someone else told me the same exact thing. I think the problem with the pale rider is they used the wrong leather. It's supposedly veg tanned, but I have my doubts. At best it's combo because it has all the CXL qualities or whatever veg tan formula they used is not very good. No signs of it softening up which would be nice for a "shirt" so you get some drape. Instead it wears like a tortoise shell. I still like it, but it definitely can be improved next go round for sure.
I guess, I never really compared the two up until now. (Two completely different animals) I tried on the Y’2 way before I got my Pale Rider. Although the shirt is absolutely stunning, the snaps just turned me off. I don’t know if it’s my personal aesthetic, or others feel this way. Wearing a leather shirt is already “razzle dazzle” don’t think ya need fancy snaps too!

Well, I guess a person could have the snaps replaced, if they were so inclined. I think a nice aged brass would’ve been better on the Y’2.

Quite a few companies doing leather shirt/jackets now. But, Y’2 and IH have the best fits for sure.
someone else told me the same exact thing. I think the problem with the pale rider is they used the wrong leather. It's supposedly veg tanned, but I have my doubts. At best it's combo because it has all the CXL qualities or whatever veg tan formula they used is not very good. No signs of it softening up which would be nice for a "shirt" so you get some drape. Instead it wears like a tortoise shell. I still like it, but it definitely can be improved next go round for sure.
48CF798A-9D95-4F2D-B331-3D71E3C61CAA.jpeg

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Just a little critique here on the Y’2 shirt-jacket. I have to say, this piece as compared to my Iron Heart HH shirt is so much nicer and more refined. The fit is actually better than IH (although I can’t believe I just admitted that) The fact that the Y’2 is completely lined inside (the IH is not) makes a huge difference, in terms of comfort.

The only thing I do not like about the Y’2 are the snaps. They might have gone a little overboard with their ornamental style. If they had used, simple silver or brass snaps, I would’ve bought one of these beautiful Y’2 shirt/jackets a long time ago. What do you guys think?

View attachment 488691
I will hit it with fine grit sand paper right away, I'm ok with matte silver snaps, but not a glossy chrome or bright shiny brand new brass.

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
Greetings All:
Dropping in with an old Cal straight zip Pig jacket. I bet this cop, with a sense of humor, was really pissed when someone came at his jacket with a blade. Whomever stitched it up must have been a heart surgeon.
I Bin’d this so fast for about $75 several years ago before i saw the railroad track scars and never tried it on. Ashamed because it’s a fine old Cal but kinda cool looking still.
I laughed when i saw the pigs carved under the badge and back of kidney panel. Gotta be a great story behind it. Prob involves “my best friend’s girl...friend, that used to be mine”. Cars78’
Be well Bowen
View attachment 488773 View attachment 488774 View attachment 488776 View attachment 488777 View attachment 488778 View attachment 488779
this jacket all over the place in a good way. Two different sleeve zippers too. That stitching is wild.

Bennarion

One Too Many
Just a little critique here on the Y’2 shirt-jacket. I have to say, this piece as compared to my Iron Heart HH shirt is so much nicer and more refined. The fit is actually better than IH (although I can’t believe I just admitted that) The fact that the Y’2 is completely lined inside (the IH is not) makes a huge difference, in terms of comfort.

The only thing I do not like about the Y’2 are the snaps. They might have gone a little overboard with their ornamental style. If they had used, simple silver or brass snaps, I would’ve bought one of these beautiful Y’2 shirt/jackets a long time ago. What do you guys think?

View attachment 488691
The shirt looks vintage as from the past. Perhaps they wanted to achieve this

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk