Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Addict leathers are copies of Lewis Leathers? I never heard of that. Also, LL in fact does have a store in Japan, and that's more than we can say about their presence in the USA market.

I think we can all agree, if one wants to critique a jacket objectively of subjectively, we can do it without name calling. I mean, what's the point of that?

Addict started off by copying various styles from Lewis and Belstaff (the Lightning and the Corsair being the most prominent). I have heard that at that time they had been a budget option in JP as opposed to importing an original LL.

At that time, of course, if you wanted a horsehide LL, you were stuck with their „house“ leather that - to this day - comes in various forms of „vinyl“, depending on the batch, while Addict were using a very nice, subtle hide. Thats how I came across them: seeing a guy with what should have been a „Lighting 392“ but with a much better leather at Hamburg airport.

Today, much has changed: you can buy LL Japan at a decent local price and you can ramp up your LL with a very nice veg tanned horsehide (or lately cowhide). The upcharge is such that you might as we’ll stick to Addict still, but that’s open to debate.

Full disclosure: I’ve come to like my LL Lightning more than my Addict copy, so I sold the later. This despite the Addict being the „nicer“ jacket. As for the Corsair, I still prefer the Addict over the LL (although perhaps only until a remake of the LL in the veg tan horse).

Addict also offers various collabs that are copies of nothing else, so this would be a different story altogether.

suitecasehandler

Familiar Face
A nice Saturday
woods.jpg
woods1.jpg

Last edited:

Motocann

One Too Many
Addict started off by copying various styles from Lewis and Belstaff (the Lightning and the Corsair being the most prominent). I have heard that at that time they had been a budget option in JP as opposed to importing an original LL.

At that time, of course, if you wanted a horsehide LL, you were stuck with their „house“ leather that - to this day - comes in various forms of „vinyl“, depending on the batch, while Addict were using a very nice, subtle hide. Thats how I came across them: seeing a guy with what should have been a „Lighting 392“ but with a much better leather at Hamburg airport.

Today, much has changed: you can buy LL Japan at a decent local price and you can ramp up your LL with a very nice veg tanned horsehide (or lately cowhide). The upcharge is such that you might as we’ll stick to Addict still, but that’s open to debate.

Full disclosure: I’ve come to like my LL Lightning more than my Addict copy, so I sold the later. This despite the Addict being the „nicer“ jacket. As for the Corsair, I still prefer the Addict over the LL (although perhaps only until a remake of the LL in the veg tan horse).

Addict also offers various collabs that are copies of nothing else, so this would be a different story altogether.
Thanks for the info.
Back around ten years ago, I really wanted a Lewis Leathers jacket. I searched around but, couldn’t really find any dealers here in the states to at try one for sizing. Also, was confused about the sizing (original fit vs. slim fit “Japan”)

Yeah, I guess now that you mention it, Addict’s Double Riders is very close to LL.

Someday if I ever get back to London, I’m definitely going to stop at Lewis Leathers!

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
Crazy weather today. Spend the morning in the new to me Vanson Enfield to keep away torrential rains and a cold wind.

Later it warmed up a lot so switching to the Addict.

I pull it out every time I am being called an “idiot” on TFL for buying it outside of Japan and can’t stop being amazed that it happened again.

View attachment 501597 View attachment 501598
Looks fantastic. I don't care who made it. People talking "definitive" about clothing really makes me laugh.

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
Just realized RMC offers these collars in different colors. How awesome! Will someone please talk me outta buying the purple one? View attachment 501584
View attachment 501583
yeah boy. Planning on doing this with my black Thedi jacket. If I make it to Pasadena in a couple weeks, might grab a couple different colors, especially if whatever he has on hand fits. Otherwise, will do a custom order or two or three...

the RMC ones though are tempting. It's already such a fashion statement, so why not go whole nine yards. I think for a short while, Schott was offering a couple different colors for the 618 and 118 as well.

Motocann

One Too Many
yeah boy. Planning on doing this with my black Thedi jacket. If I make it to Pasadena in a couple weeks, might grab a couple different colors, especially if whatever he has on hand fits. Otherwise, will do a custom order or two or three...

the RMC ones though are tempting. It's already such a fashion statement, so why not go whole nine yards. I think for a short while, Schott was offering a couple different colors for the 618 and 118 as well.
I actually like the black

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ