Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
That’s a hell of a vintage jacket Dude.
The hide beckons. Great color, class all the way!
I quit buying jackets but i’d buy that one if you ever tire of it.
Props to @jeo.
B
Thanks! I think I should be kicked out of the lounge if I ever sold this jacket.
Amazing!

I know you like your jackets slimmer but I don’t think it’s big at all. These vintage cuts sometimes are bulky but that’s not the case here. This is exactly how a leather jacket should fit. Looks great both unzipped and zipped. You can layer and you can even bulk up a bit so you can wear it for years and years to come without fear of outgrowing it. Can’t get better!
Fair point. I'm used to having to size down, so maybe I'm just not used to a proper fitting jacket that doesn't look too big.
Just an awesome jacket. Fit looks just like I like 'em. I have to say Sportclad make both my favorite MC jackets and halfbelts.
Thanks! This definitely makes me want to look for more Sportclad jackets specifically.
I think you rock all your jackets well, especially the Vanson, but this one is the bee‘s knees. Looks like it was made for you.
The Vanson is probably my best fitting jacket, but this one is close. This one is slightly more comfortable, but the Vanson has that taper to the waist that I love.
That's an amazing looking jacket, congrats. I don't see how it's too big though, imo it's spot on for the style.
Yeah I think you and everyone else who has said this is correct. I'm so used to having to size down that I need to get used to an actual proper fit :p
Said it on Instagram and I'll say the same here, those broad shoulders! Epic. I agree with the guys above, that's a beautiful fit. The hide has aged in a way that can't be replicated, no matter how much intentional distressing some might try. Thats a gem you've found.
Yeah basically everything about it is perfect. The hide, color, and aging on it are beyond what I could hope for. Plus, the perfect condition of the tags and liner is a dream come true.
After this jacket, everything else is a step down. A big step. I hate the term, don't believe in it but I would say "Grail" could certainly be applied here.
Yeah I agree. Everything I have or did have pales in comparison to this. Its the kind of jacket that re-ignites my love of lesther jackets, while simultaneously being so good that ill never match it with anything else i could buy. I overuse the term "grail," but this is one of only 2 items I own that actually deserve the title.
No way that is too big man, it looks just right. Amazing find!
Glad to hear it! I'm so used to having to size down;)

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
The jacket fits you perfectly, one day you will appreciate wearing a jacket that gives you enough wiggle room for a comfortable fit…
Ha! I do appreciate that. I just have to get used to it in terms of appearance. It's definitely my easiest jacket to wear. I can't wait to be able to layer with it next winter. That will make me appreciate it even more.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Bates

PXL_20230426_205307260~3.jpg

Entropindigo

One of the Regulars
Some time around 2018 I found a grey levis type III trucker for 30 bucks, loved it, and got a stain on it. Trying to get that stain out sent me down the denim rabbit hole that led me here, but also to this 3 sixteen jacket, my first purchase of something that seemed absurdly expensive at the time (I ruined the Levi's one trying to get the stain out). My dumb ass thought this was going to be "just this one" :D
87589983-7389-4AF5-BAF9-E97900A63587.jpeg
365C6773-6890-4FF8-A58B-26A41F911386.jpeg

roltest

New in Town
Finally got some decent quality shots of my new to me late 40s/early 50s Sportclad jacket. Thanks again to @jeo For getting me to try it on. It's probably half a size big on me in the chest and one or two sizes too big in the waist/bottom opening. However, it fits so well everywhere else that it really doesn't matter. Its also a little longer thsn i usuallg go for, but not too much so and its not meant to be a short jacket. Plus, it's comfortable, a beautiful color, and in really good condition, especially for what I paid.
View attachment 511677
View attachment 511678
View attachment 511679
View attachment 511680
View attachment 511681
View attachment 511682
View attachment 511683
Adding to what everyone else has said here - great jacket, great fit. I think you’ll get used to the fit, and once you do you may decide all your other jackets are too tight! I remember when I moved to more relaxed jeans after wearing slim jeans, it felt like I was swimming in denim. It’s normal to me now.

One question, how much bigger are the measurements than your usual jackets?

Johnny Deadlifts

A-List Customer
Finally got some decent quality shots of my new to me late 40s/early 50s Sportclad jacket. Thanks again to @jeo For getting me to try it on. It's probably half a size big on me in the chest and one or two sizes too big in the waist/bottom opening. However, it fits so well everywhere else that it really doesn't matter. Its also a little longer thsn i usuallg go for, but not too much so and its not meant to be a short jacket. Plus, it's comfortable, a beautiful color, and in really good condition, especially for what I paid.
View attachment 511677
View attachment 511678
View attachment 511679
View attachment 511680
View attachment 511681
View attachment 511682
View attachment 511683
Looks awesome. I'm always amazed at how just suttle changes in length can have such a dramatic effect on the style and look of a jacket:)

Mawashi

One of the Regulars
More Schott. With shearling since it started snowing. View attachment 511309

You gotta be related to either Bruce Willis or Johnny Depp to be able to pull off that look. That is some serious seasoning going on!

I’ve had this jacket around 8 years now (from new), it’s never needed any conditioning and the leather is still shiny. The leather is just amazing, it’s a jacket that gets better over time.

View attachment 511315
View attachment 511319

Amen to really great long lasting leather that looks so good, its amazing to find treasures like that. Personally I would hunt and wait till I knew I had the right jacket (both fit and looks) with right leather before even considering a buy.

Horsehide Spiegel c.1950

View attachment 511441

View attachment 511677
View attachment 511678
View attachment 511679
View attachment 511680
View attachment 511681
View attachment 511682
View attachment 511683

I'll double down on what I said earlier with these jackets as proof. Circa 40s or 50s, omg they look in better condition than me and I'm at least 20 years younger lol!

dudewuttheheck that brown is simply wonderful. Maybe cos of my skin tone but I've always had this thing for tan or brown leathers. There's something magical about a brown leather jacket, think Indiana Jones or Enstein :D

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 511677
View attachment 511678
View attachment 511679
View attachment 511680
View attachment 511681
View attachment 511682
View attachment 511683
post the lining and label, they are both unique.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Adding to what everyone else has said here - great jacket, great fit. I think you’ll get used to the fit, and once you do you may decide all your other jackets are too tight! I remember when I moved to more relaxed jeans after wearing slim jeans, it felt like I was swimming in denim. It’s normal to me now.

One question, how much bigger are the measurements than your usual jackets?
Yeah thats definitely possible. I have to measure it. I think the shoulders are similar to most of my jackets and the back is only a bit longer, but I can't remember what the chest and bottom opening were. I'll have to check.
You gotta be related to either Bruce Willis or Johnny Depp to be able to pull off that look. That is some serious seasoning going on!

Amen to really great long lasting leather that looks so good, its amazing to find treasures like that. Personally I would hunt and wait till I knew I had the right jacket (both fit and looks) with right leather before even considering a buy.

I'll double down on what I said earlier with these jackets as proof. Circa 40s or 50s, omg they look in better condition than me and I'm at least 20 years younger lol!

dudewuttheheck that brown is simply wonderful. Maybe cos of my skin tone but I've always had this thing for tan or brown leathers. There's something magical about a brown leather jacket, think Indiana Jones or Enstein :D
Yeah brown just works so well with my skin tone as well. It's my preference overall for leather jackets.
post the lining and label, they are both unique.
I have this mediocre photo, but I'll get some better ones soon.
20230407_133124.jpg

mumpy

A-List Customer
I am blown away by the 613SH. This jacket is awesome! Leather is a bit shiny but I like that actually. I would put this horse above RMC easily (compared to my RMC J100).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy