Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

It's more like a deranged tangerine ('derangerine') at the moment. It'll calm down (although if it doesn't, it's equally fantastic). I was lucky to get a batch of tan steer hide. It needs heavy rain and long journeys. Possibly beer and/or impressive cocktails.
"Aged tan steer"?

wz1999

One of the Regulars
Original A-2
IMG_2769.jpeg

Mickiemac

One of the Regulars
My new Type III in natural Vicenza arrived today. Even though I'm not wearing the jacket, the 'out of the box' images provide a preview of what is to come once it becomes more seasoned. The lining is the Tartan Royal Stewart which I think gives the jacket a more sporty look vice a solid color as my Navy Type III has. I went with the Copper buttons again as I prefer the more authentic look of buttons vice snaps.

A brief try-on confirms the sizing compared to the Navy Type III although the sleeves are slightly longer on this one. Once the sleeves begin their break-in the length will become more ideal and the jacket have a more broken in look.

Attachments

• T3-1.JPG
    T3-1.JPG
    525.8 KB · Views: 100
  • T3-2.JPG
    T3-2.JPG
    538.5 KB · Views: 99
  • T3-3.JPG
    T3-3.JPG
    467.9 KB · Views: 87

TLW '90

Practically Family
Probably no jackets again for me till mid September, because it's already getting into the 90's.
Aside from maybe a couple hours on an occasional cool morning here and there ,because it's been in the 90's all week.
California likes to start summer early and end it late.
20230413_104258.jpg

If I do need a jacket, this will probably be it.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Overview of some Leather Jackets I have worn over last few weeks… from left to right top to bottom: FW Bodie, Thedi Memphis, MF Ringo, FW LaBrea, Protech Trojan, 5Star Road Master
View attachment 512053
View attachment 512054
Every jacket pictured appears to me to a perfect fit. You wear each well and with little effort. I appreciate your top flight presentations as well. Quite a list of stars including 5 Star. I chose it as my like in that group, I recognized some expensive names in that lineup as well.

You do so well with all your photos. I always see you in vintage jacket, like a wool lined Hercules, green plaid.

58panheadfan

One Too Many
Every jacket pictured appears to me to a perfect fit. You wear each well and with little effort. I appreciate your top flight presentations as well. Quite a list of stars including 5 Star. I chose it as my like in that group, I recognized some expensive names in that lineup as well.

You do so well with all your photos. I always see you in vintage jacket, like a wool lined Hercules, green plaid.
Terry, it's always an honor for me to receive a compliment from you. Thank you very much for the kind words... much appreciated! Who knows, maybe one day I'll find a vintage leather jacket that meets all my needs... we'll see.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy