Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Entropindigo

One of the Regulars
Thank you!

Good eye catching the thumb. I do a bit of strumming and picking but only on the four strings of the...ukulele! I got a good wife and two kids so my rock star days are behind me. I picked up the uke because it's a bit more little kid friendly and has a lower cost of entry, which leaves more disposable income for the vices of this forum. That being said, I'm about 20 months in on a build queue for a custom luthier made uke, and I've already bought four others in the interim. If I'm lucky I might get it yet this year. If it's good enough for George Harrison and Eddie Vedder that's some pretty good company. So yeah, these days I'm rocking the suburbs like Ben Folds.

Probably just blew my Instagram cred with my uke comment above, but alas, I don't do IG. Facebook is enough for me and that's really only to keep in contact with old university friends and family. But I definitely appreciate the kind words!

If there's ever a Chicago meetup you can rock your Vanson F and I'll roll with this one.
I love my uke! They're portable and kids can get their arms around em, too.

Mrfrown

One Too Many
The new-to-me ELMC Californian

46F8BB89-522B-42D5-9491-080A3FEA781D.jpeg

Closer in to see the fine grain

57AB39D3-1FB2-4343-8E11-CA8627803A82.jpeg

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Had my T-3 for about a week - breaking in nicely even though the fit is slightly big. I searched for some images of the Natural Vicenza after being exposed to sunlight - no luck other than a small thumbnail on TB. I reluctantly decided to give my jacket a bit of sun to help the color change along. Not much difference after an hour or so but the grain is really popping (not related to exposure). From what I understand it will take many hours of exposure and wear to really move the jacket along. Overall I'm quite content with the jacket and hope to have some fit pics in the near future.
My tip would be: don't worry about it. Wear the jacket, don't spare it and it will get darker all by itself and get the color it needs to get.
That is the way ;)

Mickiemac

One of the Regulars
My tip would be: don't worry about it. Wear the jacket, don't spare it and it will get darker all by itself and get the color it needs to get.
That is the way ;)
Greetings. Yes, I agree that wearing it will be best for the jacket in the long run. I am somewhat impatient but have learned to dismiss my need to hurry things along to a certain extent.

In the meantime I observed that the jacket has darkened a bit (lightly toasted). For reference I'm attaching an image of the front pocket flaps folded up to show the difference between exposed/unexposed. The difference is notable but not drastic. Both front and back were given a 1.5 hour sun bath and the results are worthwhile IMMHO. No blotchy areas observed at present - looks fairly uniform overall - just a bit darker. Since this process shows how the Natural Vicenza will darken with exposure based on my efforts/results it may prompt others to consider a jacket in this hide.

The color/hue is hard to capture exactly based on various factors but the image does show the difference reasonably well.

Enough tampering with the jacket for now - mowing and relaxing afterwards are on the agenda for the rest of the day.

Attachments

• T-3-3.jpg
    T-3-3.jpg
    821.1 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
Had my T-3 for about a week - breaking in nicely even though the fit is slightly big. I searched for some images of the Natural Vicenza after being exposed to sunlight - no luck other than a small thumbnail on TB. I reluctantly decided to give my jacket a bit of sun to help the color change along. Not much difference after an hour or so but the grain is really popping (not related to exposure). From what I understand it will take many hours of exposure and wear to really move the jacket along. Overall I'm quite content with the jacket and hope to have some fit pics in the near future.
As far as the world of naturals go, from what I’ve seen, this hide is really slow to take on the Orange, sun naked tones. It does happen but it’s not as quick as the true natural, naked pink hides.

Entropindigo

One of the Regulars
I folded my jacket that way so many times
It gets like putty, right? Where as the stiffer/thicker hides sort of stand there looking like a ghost person when you set them down, no matter how long you've had them.
Would you say the RC hide is thicker than tfh? I think those have become my favorite of the Japanese makes, at least to look at.

Entropindigo

One of the Regulars
Greetings. Yes, I agree that wearing it will be best for the jacket in the long run. I am somewhat impatient but have learned to dismiss my need to hurry things along to a certain extent.

In the meantime I observed that the jacket has darkened a bit (lightly toasted). For reference I'm attaching an image of the front pocket flaps folded up to show the difference between exposed/unexposed. The difference is notable but not drastic. Both front and back were given a 1.5 hour sun bath and the results are worthwhile IMMHO. No blotchy areas observed at present - looks fairly uniform overall - just a bit darker. Since this process shows how the Natural Vicenza will darken with exposure based on my efforts/results it may prompt others to consider a jacket in this hide.

The color/hue is hard to capture exactly based on various factors but the image does show the difference reasonably well.

Enough tampering with the jacket for now - mowing and relaxing afterwards are on the agenda for the rest of the day.
Does it get spots if you flick water on it and have you tried wiping the whole thing down with a damp sponge or washcloth? I've done that to the two natty jackets I've got and it seems darken them slightly. I tend to wear them when it's sunny. When I'm not wearing them, I sometimes hang them across from/near windows with afternoon exposure, and air them outside on sunny days that I'm staying home as well.
The bodies posted a short time ago that got the water treatment both aged quite dramatically, as well, which makes me think yours might react similarly.

Sagar85

A-List Customer
I think most RC is close to 1.5mm and is denser. It’s also very wearable and ages beautifully. TFH is surely 1.2mm or less in some areas (under arms) and has lighter feel to it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy