Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Kevin O'Sullivan

Familiar Face
I like it a lot. Suits you too.

What’s the hide, if I may ask?
It's that Russett (shades a bit dark on mine) semi-aniline goat that Aero does for their Militaria lines.

The A1 is more slim fitting than the A2, which I have to say was critical because the A2s seem to blouse out something fierce and I'm not huge on baggy torsos.

The semi-aniline is growing on me. Just sort of odd to see leather so uniform in color coming from aniline stuff.

For what it's worth, the drape and smell are lovely even if I miss the heft of my horsehide.

Mandarin

Practically Family
Taking advantage of the drop in temperature to try this recently arrived RMC Steinbeck. Thanks to @christian-h .

Steinbeck fit (1 sur 1)-3.jpg

reaganmullins

New in Town
View attachment 480521
Blanket lined Levi’s Type II 507xx?

A $30 vintage store find. Anyone identify its actual heritage?

What I can see about it:

Red label big E with LEVIS on both sides and trademark.

Lemon thread.

Selvedge on placket only.

Bar tack instead of rivets under pocket flap.

Iron buttons.

No LVC three number markings.

What remains of the label is leather not press card.
The leather label proves it to be an earlier model but the double sided label shows that is not one of the very earliest models. Those were single sided tabs with a leather label. Either way, it’s a fantastic jacket and a great score for $30!

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
First full day in the IH “Pale Rider” yesterday. Went to a family party. A couple of observations:

1. The shirt can be worn as a real “shirt”, not just a shirtstyle jacket. Sure, it’s not as pliable as a dress/sports shirt or even a thick denim, but it’s pliable enough and feels reasonably comfy when sitting at a table, eating etc.
This is good news. I wear the shirt buttoned up and was slightly worried that the thick hide would eventually get on my nerves in daily life.

2. I don’t overheat even with extended wear. It was ca. 19-20 degrees centigrade, and I was switching from indoor to outdoor seating to grocery shopping. I felt totally fine, not too hot, but always warm enough. Another big worry of mine as the leather is obviously not really breathable.

The shirt continues to tan nicely without me forcing it at all, and is well on its way to break in. The left sleeve shows more pronounced grain than the right one. Some may worry, but I just see it as the aging of a natural product.

Last comment: The “Pale Rider” gets you comments left and right. All friendly/interested enough, but don’t wear that thing and expect to go unnoticed. For some of us, this will be a bonus, of course.

So far I am very happy.

IMG_0786.jpeg

karlito

New in Town
View attachment 528829 View attachment 528830
Great eBay find: a cool USAF surplus textile flight jacket (flame-resistant Aramid); I removed the military insignia and now it’s my “official” work jacket.
Very well made jacket, heavy duty, warm, and lots of Velcro tabs to attach whatever patches I want. And it’s genuine military surplus. Win-win!
What jacket is this? I have a very similar one in OD green but with a horizontal Velcro opening on the back. Its a CVC, combat vehicle crewman's, jacket. Id like a tan one like yours without the back opening.

thor

Call Me a Cab
What jacket is this? I have a very similar one in OD green but with a horizontal Velcro opening on the back. Its a CVC, combat vehicle crewman's, jacket. Id like a tan one like yours without the back opening.
This is also a CVC jacket (they made them in OD green and desert tan) and it does have the Velcro upper-back opening (not visible in the pics I posted). Great jacket!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner