Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Cooler still. Don’t mind at all…

IMG_6210.jpeg
IMG_6213.jpeg
IMG_6213.jpeg

Mandarin

Practically Family

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
that's settling nicely. I "massaged" my collars for a little bit to help them to settle down some. I did the same on the pocket tops and the button side placket because the leather is doubled up in those areas. I think IH (well SB really) should have skivved the leather in a few spots. Even Theo noted this when I showed him the shirt. Anyway, I just kind of folded it up on itself over and over again, maybe 30 times or so a day for a few days. It helped take off some of the "sharpness". But overall, you're getting a really nice shirt look. After about 10-15 wears I noticed some decent shaping so it doesn't take long.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
that's settling nicely. I "massaged" my collars for a little bit to help them to settle down some. I did the same on the pocket tops and the button side placket because the leather is doubled up in those areas. I think IH (well SB really) should have skivved the leather in a few spots. Even Theo noted this when I showed him the shirt. Anyway, I just kind of folded it up on itself over and over again, maybe 30 times or so a day for a few days. It helped take off some of the "sharpness". But overall, you're getting a really nice shirt look. After about 10-15 wears I noticed some decent shaping so it doesn't take long.

I´ve been quite the "massager" myself. I remember how I mistreated my first Aero into submission for weeks.
I still can see the attraction, especially on parts that are not exposed to a lot of natural stress (collar being the most promiment).

At the moment I am going the "wellness" route without any artificial strain. In the end this will probably lead to the thicker/doubled parts taking on a different look than the broken-in parts, so this may be an attractive contrast.
Still too new to really show its potential, but so far I am enjoying the journey.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred