Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

cbez

One Too Many
IH type 3. Liking the fit a lot glad I gambled on 34 as it fits like my high large 38.

20231007_140535.jpg

Tom71

Call Me a Cab

Imuricecreamman

One Too Many
Cool piece!

Intel, please: where did you pick that up? I don’t see the Thunderbolt in the current line up at LL, yet it looks brandnew. What wizardry is this?
I got it with a price tag still attached on a marketplace site here in Norway. The price tag was something equivalent to 350 euros and I got it significabtly cheaper than that. I don't know when the Thunderbolt was last in the LL lineup.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
I got it with a price tag still attached on a marketplace site here in Norway. The price tag was something equivalent to 350 euros and I got it significabtly cheaper than that. I don't know when the Thunderbolt was last in the LL lineup

What a great find! Spectacular price too!

I was always maintaining that LL made the “perfect” Cross-Zip (tongue in cheek, of course). My new-ish Schott 613SH gave me cause to reconsider, but this one sure is up there as contender…

Imuricecreamman

One Too Many
Fun story as I stumbled over one in a Norwegian crimeshow from 1981. Seems to have the sidestraps from a Lightning and some custom studwork.
IMG_20231008_143239.jpg

What a great find! Spectacular price too!

I was always maintaining that LL made the “perfect” Cross-Zip (tongue in cheek, of course). My new-ish Schott 613SH gave me cause to reconsider, but this one sure is up there as contender…

Last edited:

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Fun story as I stumbled over one in a Norwegian crimeshow from 1981. Seems to have the sidestraps from a Lightning and some custom studwork. View attachment 550974

So the ”Thunderbolt” would be a Scandinavian special, right ?! :)

There are similarities to the “Memphis” which seems to be the only jacket in LLs current lineup with epaulettes. Obviously this has a proper belt, not just the loops of your jacket.

Antiquarian interests aside, it IS a great jacket!

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Y’2 smoke a joint and eat pumpkin pie jacket
View attachment 551136
Mean mug b/c I don’t have either one…
View attachment 551137
... but you have a nice jacket!

I bought a Golden Bear that looks similar, but has 1990s Jerry Seinfeld balloon, pleated, sleeves. I cannot wear it with those sleeves and will have them taken in. The problem is that armholes on mine are humongous. Major surgery, I hope it can be done, because the jacket is great otherwise.

TLW '90

Practically Family
I started my day off with the green Johnson woolen mills cruiser walking the dog this morning.
20231009_084650.jpg

But it started warming up where it'll get into the low 70's today, so off came the wool and I'm down to just the Golden Bear vest while I'm doing some more work on my Halloween decorations before we get a little rain this afternoon.
20231009_084846.jpg

Ps don't mind the elvis hip thing I've got going on, the photo friendly-ish spot in my backyard is on a bit of an incline.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner