Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

zebedee

One Too Many
Newly-arrived SB Klondike. I went with black goatskin, olive stitching and brown buttons. Straight-line cuffs and olive gabardine lining. I'm really pleased with it and also received a lot of other samples which I might be tempted to order an SBV2 in. The fit is ridiculously comfortable and their goatskin is really supple. The inner pocket is set about 1.5 inches lower than in other jackets, which balances the outer pocket (somehow) when I have things in both.

Photo on 20-10-2023 at 2.35 PM.jpg
Photo on 20-10-2023 at 2.35 PM.jpg C5AEBB15-9ECB-46CF-983D-8D5C5A1ED3FB.jpeg EB710A0F-116B-4CD2-9111-0C767CB09C5B.jpeg

Last edited:

Stevo

New in Town
I was taking photos of the sunrise this morning and decided to turn the camera on myself. I’m wearing a 1971 dated Star Sportswear 7823D which is a size 42. Interestingly, I normally wear a 44 but this jacket fits as well, if not better than my 1969 Martin Lane 7823D in size 44. Go figure.
When I received this jacket it was heavily creased and likely came out of a clothing bundle. The wrinkles and deep impression of the zipper across the chest made me feel that it wasn’t going to be useable. However, I came across a post on this forum where the member wet a jacket and stuffed it to remove unsightly creases with great success. So, feeling like I had nothing to lose, I tried it myself and now it’s my favourite jacket and wear it every chance I get. The goat skin has tons of grain and character and fits nearly perfectly. I’ve changed the cuffs but am nervous about tackling the collar to replace the dynel with mouton, but one day I may find the courage.

Attachments

• IMG_1419.jpeg
    IMG_1419.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 102
Last edited:

zebedee

One Too Many
This SB has a different fit from my other jackets. The shoulders and neck are almost weightless and the arms are less restrictive. I think the the Highwayman and the Maxwell are still the favourites, but this Klondike is pretty close. Have samples of the various Blattwerk hides and a hide that's just called 'Japanese Dark Brown' and one called Equus. I reckon a SBV2 in one of these darker browns with grey stitching would be great.

Hmmm...

barnabus

One Too Many
Thankfully we've avoided the terrible flooding that's hit other parts of the UK over the last few days, but still seen a lot of heavy rain that's left the weather blustery and damp and about 12°.

Which is clearly perfect conditions for a jacket that's water resistant, windproof, breathable and comfortable. My old Barbour International, which somehow fits perfectly over my armoured base layer for riding, but also magically fits over just a t shirt too.

For all my whining this week about wanting one jacket that does everything, I'm embarrassed at how often I overlook this Barbour - which genuinely does do everything.

IMG_20231021_123256_HDR.jpg

IMG_20231021_123512_HDR.jpg

IMG_20231021_123545_HDR.jpg

aero the heritage

New in Town
Thankfully we've avoided the terrible flooding that's hit other parts of the UK over the last few days, but still seen a lot of heavy rain that's left the weather blustery and damp and about 12°.

Which is clearly perfect conditions for a jacket that's water resistant, windproof, breathable and comfortable. My old Barbour International, which somehow fits perfectly over my armoured base layer for riding, but also magically fits over just a t shirt too.

For all my whining this week about wanting one jacket that does everything, I'm embarrassed at how often I overlook this Barbour - which genuinely does do everything.

View attachment 553980

View attachment 553981

View attachment 553983
If any other options when it comes to jacket I go for besides leather, it's barbour. Super classic super versatile.

Sagar85

A-List Customer
@Sagar85 whats the suede/rough out one? I like that one (and the A-2)
It’s Himel Bros excelsior using Shinki full grain horsehide. Excelsior is less popular pattern from himel that is essentially their Heron body, but with a zipper and slanted hand pockets. I bought it couple years ago because I loved the simplicity on outside and Camo frog lining inside. Very lightweight for year round wear too.

Type A2 is rainbow country tobacco brown horsehide. Best leather I have touched. It’s hard to capture the true beauty and quality of rainbow country leathers in pics generally….

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo