Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Family time in Bienne.

46479247gt.jpeg

Beautiful!

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Soooooo!

After realising via the IH “Pale Rider” that I can indeed be a “Leather Shirt Guy”, I took the plunge on this marvellous indigo Y2 x The Shop Vancouver “shirt”.

TJ was a pleasure start to finish, not least in the quest of getting the fit right form the outset , as I just couldn’t face paying double import/tax/shipping on an item that’s not exactly cheap in the first place (as I already spend a year of my life getting reimbursed on the fees for an exchange item that is no appeal either’.).

Well, I got the fit right. This is size 46 and indeed smaller in all dimensions than the XXL Pale Rider.
For perspective, I wear a size 42 in “American“ makers or Aero 1930s patterns and size 44 in slimmer fits (Aero “premier”, most things Japanese).

The “shirt” is insanely thick. The webpage of the Shop quotes 1,3 - 1,5mm and I have no doubt it’s not less than the former. It’s also lined, so we are talking more “over shirt” than proper shirt.
The leather is not super soft, but it’s reasonably pliable straight out of the box (much more so than the Iron Heart equivalent), so I never felt I’d actually need to break it in in the usual sense.

This shirt just oozes luxury, and it’s a pure pleasure to see, touch, smell, wear. I literally love everything about it (well, sitting down, I wouldn’t mind half an inch more in the gut, but it does have buttons than can actually be opened…).
An expensive piece but “worth it” for me for sure.

View attachment 552261 View attachment 552262
This shirt looks AMAZING.

Matched with a pair or cowboy boots, or Jodhpurs maybe?

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
This shirt looks AMAZING.

Matched with a pair or cowboy boots, or Jodhpurs maybe?

Thanks, Marc! It’s better than I wished it would be. The Shop has it in a bottle-green version as well that just looks the bees knees as well.

Cowboy boots last weekend. Today actually a pair of Chelsea Boots from your neighbours of Butts&Shoulders…

All weather is best in class for a straight zip CHP. Doesn’t get better than that.

Marc mentioned the same thing a little while back and after some thought I’ve come to the conclusion that he is full of sh…absolutely correct. It really is the perfect CHP. The hide is crazy thick and has some nasty grain. The HH of CHPs from the 40s is on another level. I never shoulda sold my Eaglesons (SF department store label/unknown maker from the 40s) but my regret led me to this AW. More than happy .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buick