Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Al 916

One Too Many
Filson Jac Shirt. It was 6 Celcius when I went out this morning, now its like 10. Fall is here...

View attachment 551807

@Al 916 nice settee. Vanson is not too shabby too. But the leather settee for the win.

A good eye for background @Canuck Panda T.

It is a horsehide you would need an angle grinder to scratch!
circa (as far as we can date it 1900ish)

I hate to think of the analysis of the base stuffing....

Johnny Deadlifts

A-List Customer
Cross zip fever has taken hold. Spamming hard with this one. Apologies. I won’t buy another. Why do the cheap ones always seem to get more wear? Why do I like them “more”? This jacket is flimsy Brooks leather and I absolutely love it. Somewhat brutal realization after 20 plus years of “collecting”and God only knows how much $ spent.
View attachment 551749 View attachment 551750
I’m off today and running errands. Time to see how I really feel about it. Site seems to be runni

Cross zip fever has taken hold. Spamming hard with this one. Apologies. I won’t buy another. Why do the cheap ones always seem to get more wear? Why do I like them “more”? This jacket is flimsy Brooks leather and I absolutely love it. Somewhat brutal realization after 20 plus years of “collecting”and God only knows how much $ spent.
View attachment 551749 View attachment 551750
I’m off today and running errands. Time to see how I really feel about it. Site seems to be running well too.
I know how you feel; I get way more compliments from my $200 Treen crosszip then I do with any other jacket:)

AHP91

Practically Family
than k y

ou , any chance to have a picture of the remaining brand label? Just curious, which GB era it is..
F5224C95-B529-4A52-994B-B83C52B9D078.jpeg

C54C8930-FD37-474F-B186-3D00FE8949BA.jpeg

E5F3E451-8296-46FB-9E66-5A71AA90AEFB.jpeg

CF4D9E5F-A680-4E51-898D-0E910CFD87DB.jpeg

Jasonissm

Practically Family

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
@Jasonissm that jacket looks incredible on you!

finally got photos of my 40s California Sportswear horsehide cross zip.

If you call it a double rider, I'll block you;)

View attachment 551995 View attachment 551996 View attachment 551997 View attachment 551992 View attachment 551993
View attachment 551994
You made me google "double rider" with image search, and now I cannot unsee this...;). Click at your own risk... Lol.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
The grain on the chest panels is lovely. I see you have been enjoying longer jackets recently!
Thanks! Yeah I've noticed a massive difference between vintage jackets that are a bit longer and newer jackets that are a bit longer. The vintage ones drape so much better and look correct, unlike newer ones.
You made me google "double rider" with image search, and now I cannot unsee this...;). Click at your own risk... Lol.

Yeah it's an annoying and inaccurate term as is 'single rider' . I can already see from the preview how bad that link is. "Leatherjacketsspain" ships from Pakistan...

Viking752

Practically Family
Got caught in heavy downpour wearing my Regius aviator.

My full aniline Thedi or FL jackets are pretty much like sponges. Some pigment dyed jackets like the Shinki Schott or Nitta Double Helix do better but they still won't withstand more than 15 minutes of rain.

This vegetable tanned Hermann Oak leather aviator is pretty much waterproof, which is awesome. I want more jackets in this leather!

View attachment 551786

Hermann Oak is one of my favorite leathers. I do a bit of leather craft and is great to work with and age.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred