Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

On my way to the mall to run back up for Santa. LOL. This s thing is ridiculous. It would’ve been cool for John Leguizamo’s character in Violent night.

IMG_5375.jpeg

leather.be

One of the Regulars
I would at least give it a shot for a while. Jacket looks terrific on you, just as you say, the sleeve a bit short (1.5 - 2"). But the rest of it is so perfect! Wear it under another one for a while, use it, enjoy it, I like that jacket. I also had a "Jimbo" lately that I finally gave to a consignment shop to sell, but darn if it wasn't one of my favorites - just with 2" too short of sleeves, and a little sort in the torso... :)

View attachment 566088
That's a cool and similar fit. I like it. Gives off Joey Ramone vibes which I had hoped mine would too. Guess I'll hang on to hope.
I think for whatever reason in your personal style your shortish sleeve works, perhaps just wear a simple leather wristband or something around the smallest part of your wrist.
Thanks I like the wristband idea. And or a watch maybe. Btw love the jacket you made and designed. That must be some thick leather.
I'm not a fan of short sleeves at all, but it looks really cool on you. It has a bit of a rock star attitude. I'd say you can wear it.
Cheers, I'm planning on wearing it at a performance with my band. Hopefully I pull it off. Or perhaps "leave it on" is more appropriate in this context.

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab
Vintage Caleb V Smith & Son gabardine weave jacket. Cateye buttons with hidden placket.
View attachment 566370 View attachment 566373 View attachment 566372
Beautiful brown gabardine weave that has a golden shimmer in the light.
View attachment 566375
For a minute I thought maybe this was the one that popped up on eBay this past week, but I just checked and see that one is still available. Interesting to see a couple of these old UPS workwear uniforms show up in the span of a week.

Observe

One Too Many
You guys are probably tired of it but I got the hummingbird on again today.

Something about the extra thick, dense horsehide and the drape and fit it creates just ends up feeling extra 'leather jacket' to me.

View attachment 566741 View attachment 566740
Leather looks really nice on this jacket. Don't see a ton of Trophy here, do they make their own jackets or is the work done OEM?

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
A bit of a cold snap here in the UK this week has meant it was -2° for my walk this morning, so I layered up under my (yawn!) M65 with a thermal base layer and a quilted liner vest.

I'd love this jacket to look like it has a bit of wear on it, but even though I'm putting plenty of wear on it* it just doesn't.

View attachment 566200

*literally every day since I got it. It shrugs off everything.
you really pull of hitman look

Yamahana

One Too Many
For a minute I thought maybe this was the one that popped up on eBay this past week, but I just checked and see that one is still available. Interesting to see a couple of these old UPS workwear uniforms show up in the span of a week.
I’ve had this one for well over a year. Caught at a bargain price of $24.99. Can’t beat a deal like that for such a cool gabardine jacket.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran