Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab
A couple nice days today and tomorrow sandwiched between a week of crap. Aero 30s half belt getting some love today:
20231207_152242.jpg

Johnny Deadlifts

A-List Customer
Finally got photos of my 50s Sierra Sportswear jacket. Overall fits me well, though it oddly pinches in the arm pits and the shoulders were hung improperly so that's quite annoying.

Another aspect of many vintage jackets I'm loving is the minimal or nonexistant front drop. Being a shorter guy with a large chest, this really suits me well.

View attachment 567918 View attachment 567917 View attachment 567916 View attachment 567915 View attachment 567914 View attachment 567913
Square pockets rule:)

Kevin O'Sullivan

Familiar Face
Haven't been wearing this as much since it turned very cold, moved into the 50s today and was prime weather.

Aero A1 in Russet goat, semi aniline. Forgive the mirror pic but it turns out folks at the oil firm aren't keen on being photographers.

If I could change anything I'd add about 1/4" to the ptp. But I snagged it for 375gbp vs the normal price of 810gbp. Can't say no to a 55% sale.

Still hasn't settled down in the back but I do like the length overall.

IMG_6833.jpeg

IMG_6832.jpeg

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab
That’s a great fit. People usually wears it, and the Maxwell, too long. I think the length on yours is how it was intended to look.

Is it cordovan or brown?
Thanks! The back is 22.5", so the front is a little longer with the drop. I'm on the shorter side at 5'9" so the length works well for me.

The color is brown but this particular batch may have had a bit of red undertones to it. Others have asked if this was cordovan as well. I suspect that the lower angle of the sun also affects the coloring somewhat as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran