Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Observe

One Too Many
Now looks at this!

Y2-25th anniversary jacket in heavy (HEAVY!!) Bull hide. Legend has it, it´s 3mm thick, and it sure is hefty to the extent that it´s difficult to bend the arms.

Only got it yesterday, so no break-in attempt so far. Was out and about this a.m. for a few hours, and the jacket is surprisingly wearable.

Fit is absolutely perfect, and the look - see for yourself...

View attachment 569595 View attachment 569597 View attachment 569598
Extreme scrotum grain!

Now looks at this!

Y2-25th anniversary jacket in heavy (HEAVY!!) Bull hide. Legend has it, it´s 3mm thick, and it sure is hefty to the extent that it´s difficult to bend the arms.

Only got it yesterday, so no break-in attempt so far. Was out and about this a.m. for a few hours, and the jacket is surprisingly wearable.

I briefly owned a too large for me LW CR in a similar hide. It’s amazing and your jacket looks awesome.

Sagar85

A-List Customer
Atlast & Co Car Coat

2ACAB17B-954F-45AB-8CAC-312227D7580A.jpeg

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
Now looks at this!

Oh wow, that is so cool! Love the grain on that bull. Seriously one of the coolest leathers I’ve seen.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Now looks at this!

Indescribably delicious!!
An amazing canvas yet to be painted.
Will be an epic journey.
In the words of the infamous @Hh121..
What it weigh?
B

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Now looks at this!

AWESOME!

Chris_K

One of the Regulars
Now looks at this!

Oooooh, now this is something special. I recall seeing this pop up on my Instagram feed maybe a week or two ago. Looks even more epic up close. What a fit, proportions are just spot on, enhances all the areas you want a jacket to. Such a unique grain, against a jacket with such clean lines, just spot on.

Khilij

One of the Regulars
Now looks at this!

Woah! Fantastic! That's a really special jacket for sure.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Thank you!

I hope, I am up to the journey (in terms of patience, more than anything else). This will not happen with two or three strolls in a light drizzle.

I don’t own any scale (nor a calliper), so I need to content myself with calling it thick and heavy. That said, I should look for the paperwork.

Indescribably delicious!!
An amazing canvas yet to be painted.
Will be an epic journey.
In the words of the infamous @Hh121..
What it weigh?
B

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Oooooh, now this is something special. I recall seeing this pop up on my Instagram feed maybe a week or two ago. Looks even more epic up close. What a fit, proportions are just spot on, enhances all the areas you want a jacket to. Such a unique grain, against a jacket with such clean lines, just spot on.

Thanks much!

So glad it fits well. This is not a forgiving hide. Too large, and you float around the jacket like a turtle in a shell. Too small - man, I don’t even want to think about it. They’d probably need a chainsaw to cut you out of it.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up

leather.be

One of the Regulars
Great fit, and really nice drape to the leather. That elbow seam can double as a hidden pocket until you get it repaired lol
Cheers! Hah yeah I should check that elbow seam for hidden treasures.

On another note I just got this off Grailed from a user name Catsanddog. West Ride down jacket made with horsehide and allegedly lined with alpaca although the fibers didn't pass my melt test. Probably a blend. Looks and feels like a premium product although it looks like they only make it in black now and it costs a lot. They made some modifications to the quilted pattern since this one was released. PXL_20231212_211312451.MP~2.jpg PXL_20231212_211219363.MP.jpg PXL_20231212_211833783.MP~2.jpg PXL_20231212_211828243.MP~2.jpg

BloodEagle

A-List Customer
Just received my, what I guess is a, Cal Leather straight zip. This is an astonishing occurrence in that it is the very first item of clothing I have purchased sight-unseen direct from somewhere in Japan that is not a fair bit too small - it's even a maybe a bit (but only a bit) big. This thing is the heaviest leather jacket I've ever come across - I suppose they built these for safety and durability! Anyway enough waffle here's a quick pic with an unsuitably long t shirt
PXL_20231213_111928569~2.jpg

Last edited:

hodgeko

One of the Regulars
New-to-me (courtesy of @tmitchell59 ) 1940s wool half-belt, Ricky gab jacket (whatever you want to call it). It's way too cold for this one today but I just had to wear it because I was so excited. It's a beautiful piece. Check out that back! And that giant collar! A little on the slim side, but in absolutely perfect condition.

40s wool 2.jpg

40s wool 1.jpg

40s wool 3.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails