Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
B47BC780-9FC0-4ED6-8FD9-560BD452DAAC.jpeg

Layered

Last edited:

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
I was looking at several Lewis leathers, colors, and styles at The Stronghold when I bought this jacket. The salesman said, "Trust me, for your style, you want a Corsair in light brown sheep. And you need a size 44 that I will have Lewis modify." He was wearing a turquoise Lightning and I didn't want to listen to him, but I did. Even when I received the jacket, I was unsure of the choice and fit. Five years later, I absolutely love the jacket and nothing else in my collection is as fine.

I stopped reading at „Turquoise Lightning“…

No I didn’t.

But if money and storage space were no restriction, I’d get a Turquoise Lightning in a heartbeat (I seem to remember, Slash got one too.).

Kenan

A-List Customer
How would you describe the difference between RMC Shinki and FL Shinki and which leather do you like better and for what reason?
I‘ll make a comparison with pictures and details of the two jackets and the leather once my FL is a bit more broken in.

First impression is that FL Shinki feels more stiff than the Shinki from RMC. Difference in grain too and slight difference in smell. FL ShinkI feels slightly more heavy than the RMC.

For now I prefer RMC, but it’s a close call. Both fantastic leathers!

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Rogue Territory Supply Jacket arrived. It's a nice thing, but I should have got the lined version. Unlined feels a bit insubstantial even though it's a really tough material.

View attachment 575065
Waxed? I have an unlined Gustin waxed jacket that I wished had a liner. So I took a standard M-65 liner and had a tailor sew in the corresponding buttons into the Gustin and shorten the liner a bit. Worked great, the liner buttons in perfectly into the jacket. Maybe a bit too warm for HK though.

zebedee

One Too Many
Waxed? I have an unlined Gustin waxed jacket that I wished had a liner. So I took a standard M-65 liner and had a tailor sew in the corresponding buttons into the Gustin and shorten the liner a bit. Worked great, the liner buttons in perfectly into the jacket. Maybe a bit too warm for HK though.
In the winter we're having at the moment, that might work...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo