Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
In the winter we're having at the moment, that might work...
If you feel like giving it a shot make sure your chore jacket can take a liner and still fit you. A HK tailor should have zero problems fitting an M-65 liner in there. These liners run about $25 on ebay. I found my unlined waxed Gustin pretty useless, but with an M-65 liner it has become one of my late fall/winter favorites.

zebedee

One Too Many
If you feel like giving it a shot make sure your chore jacket can take a liner and still fit you. A HK tailor should have zero problems fitting an M-65 liner in there. These liners run about $25 on ebay. I found my unlined waxed Gustin pretty useless, but with an M-65 liner it has become one of my late fall/winter favorites.
This is an excellent idea - the jacket itself is a really nice piece of gear, but it's weird without a lining (I wouldn't repeat the experiment...).

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
With an M-65 liner you won't go too deep into the experiment (financially speaking), and the jacket will be more functional.
PXL_20231230_123348338.jpg

PXL_20231230_123331476.jpg

I am now thinking about putting one into an 80's Carhartt trucker, because their "blanket" liner is absolute shite. Just remember to size down one on the liner - they run big.

Last edited:
Nice! Seen them on Ig. How do you like it? How is the quality?

Jacket feels indestructible and I'm not talking about leather weight. It's just very well done. Tough. Sleeves are very narrow. though and I'm not yet 100% sure about how comfortable it will be in the long run because the leather is very thick but I can do stuff in it and if it breaks in more, it just might be it for me.

Based on this one jacket, I'd recommend them over most brands sans Lost Worlds & Vanson.

MadCat

Familiar Face
Jacket feels indestructible and I'm not talking about leather weight. It's just very well done. Tough. Sleeves are very narrow. though and I'm not yet 100% sure about how comfortable it will be in the long run because the leather is very thick but I can do stuff in it and if it breaks in more, it just might be it for me.

Based on this one jacket, I'd recommend them over most brands sans Lost Worlds & Vanson.
Ok, is there anything in particular I need to tell the maker when sending measurements?

zebedee

One Too Many
With an M-65 liner you won't go too deep into the experiment (financially speaking), and the jacket will be more functional. View attachment 575151
View attachment 575152
I am now thinking about putting one into an 80's Carhartt trucker, because their "blanket" liner is absolute shite. Just remember to size down one on the liner - they run big.
This looks like a good solution - I will ask a tailor for options as I need a couple of shirts, anyway.

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
though and I'm not yet 100% sure about how comfortable it will be in the long run because the leather is very thick but I can do stuff in it and if it breaks in more, it just might be it for me.
Either way, the jacket certainly looks cool

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy