Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
I think I briefly owned that exact jacket. Looks 1000 times better on you than it did on me.

View attachment 587347
Yes this is the same jacket. Sometimes being short and wide is a good thing... sometimes.
Wow, that jacket really accentuates your shoulders and arms, Jake. Almost vintage giga-chad indeed lolololol.
Haha too kind. That said, I do really appreciate the wider shoulders and arms of these vintage jackets. They suit my physique much better than modern and Repro jackets do.

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
Schott 613SH

I've never been entirely pleased with the fit on this jacket. I'm always conscious of extra room across the middle front between the coin pocket and the diagonal chest zipper, as if I've got a beer gut. And as one reviewer on the Schott website put it, the jacket does "blouse up" in the chest area when sitting. Maybe it's my posture, but I feel this jacket could have been cut a little more trim in the body.

View attachment 587363
View attachment 587364
View attachment 587365
Having a little bit of a gut i’ve always appreciated that about schott

WolferlQ3

New in Town
Again Schott 613SH

1000003807.jpg
1000003770.jpg
1000003769.jpg
1000003768.jpg

Chris_K

One of the Regulars
Schott 613SH

I've never been entirely pleased with the fit on this jacket. I'm always conscious of extra room across the middle front between the coin pocket and the diagonal chest zipper, as if I've got a beer gut. And as one reviewer on the Schott website put it, the jacket does "blouse up" in the chest area when sitting. Maybe it's my posture, but I feel this jacket could have been cut a little more trim in the body.

View attachment 587363
View attachment 587364
View attachment 587365
I'm thinking it might be more of a length issue than width, inch or so shorter and things would look a tad more balanced.

no, but if you ever find one in your size, dont hesitate to buy, it does stand on its own ;)

View attachment 587559

It's awesome, I know. Someone was selling one recently on the Bay, size 40 but they were also the member here. I offered them $650 Paypal, F/F direct but they refused because apparently my credentials weren't convincing. The bidding ended at $450 or sth like that. Lol.

I am hunting for one for sure. Would love to have it some day.

hardlyworkingman

Familiar Face
It's awesome, I know. Someone was selling one recently on the Bay, size 40 but they were also the member here. I offered them $650 Paypal, F/F direct but they refused because apparently my credentials weren't convincing. The bidding ended at $450 or sth like that. Lol.

I am hunting for one for sure. Would love to have it some day.

bummer. he probably ended up making way less if you take off ebay fees.

good luck. great jacket if you live in colder areas. definitely overkill otherwise.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner