Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Hobbes1

A-List Customer
Walter Dyer, in natural light. I'm not 100% certain if this is steer or goat. It's squeaky factor is may 3/10 unlike a known goatskin jacket that is more like a 7/10 squeaky. FWIW.
Cheers!
IMG_6189.jpeg

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Lol which blogs are that? The J24L indeed fits a modern wardrobe in terms of body length but that's more exception than rule.

Here's @torfjord 's 50's Blatt, different story :)

View attachment 590971 View attachment 590970
Riding length is still about 20" front collar down, and it will sit above the belt like your first pic. I am not a fan of this short length either, and prefer the ones with a front dip to cover the belt instead of lengthening the whole back to get the lower front length to cover the belt. But for a 22" front length jacket to also work as a riding jacket it's gotta have double ended zips so it doesn't bunch up... Nothing is perfect but I like the athletic cutting of your jacket. Shorter (back) jackets always looks more athletic than longer ones, trucker vs car coat... I've seen vintage jackets where the back length hem gets a curve up from all the wearing and would measure shorter I wonder if they're just stretched through the years to become shorter and the front drop is just an illusion...

The Heron was super-high-up on my need list until I tried it on…the cut wasn’t for me, but if it works for your body-type it’s a killer jacket.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner