Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What jacket is this and whats its story?

el__burro

New in Town
What model is it and what is its story

Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240303_222802_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20240303_222802_Facebook.jpg
    906.5 KB · Views: 117
Schott needs to peel back the use of their name on these. Diminishes the brands value big time.

Agreed. For some time now I felt like starting a thread on how much Schott sucks because of this out-sourced crap they're pulling off but I figured there's no point since nothing was going to change but this has gone on long enough.

They've been scamming the European market for far long enough now and what's worse, while the low quality of the LC jackets has always been plainly obvious, lately, the out-sourced makers have been making relatively passable Perfecto knock-offs that no casual person can or should be able to differentiate from the real thing. It is ironic, they've been whining about knock-offs in the past and now they've licensed it.

Just the fact that they're allowing the usage of the Perfecto label AND the U.S.A. flag on the Chinese made jackets is insulting.

This, for example...
1709559071.jpeg

No, not really.
We’ve had an onslaught of new members doing just that. If your intent was to learn the jackets true provenance, unfortunately it’s less than stellar. While these jackets do technically bear the Schott namesake, they are anything but. I hope you did not pay much for it. They do not meet the quality, construction or material standards of Schott NYC. It’s a pity Schott allows their namesake attached to this stuff. I can’t figure out for the life of me why they do.

TLW '90

Practically Family
Just the fact that they're allowing the usage of the Perfecto label AND the U.S.A. flag on the Chinese made jackets is insulting.
If somebody sent a picture of their jackets labeling to the FTC Schott could potentially be in some trouble here.

Here's a few quotes from their website.
" In identifying implied claims, the Commission focuses on the overall impression of the advertising, label, or promotional material. Depending on the context, U.S. symbols or geographic references (for example, U.S. flags, outlines of U.S. maps, or references to U.S. locations of headquarters or factories) may convey a claim of U.S. origin either by themselves, or in conjunction with other phrases or images. "

"On a garment with a neck, the country of origin must be disclosed on the front of a label attached to the inside center of the neck — either midway between the shoulder seams or very near another label attached to the inside center of the neck. On a garment without a neck, and on other kinds of textile products, the country of origin must appear on a conspicuous and readily accessible label on the inside or outside of the product. "

Even if the jackets may have a COO label somewhere, the FTC may very well deem that the companies reputation for American manufacturing combined with that prominent American Flag are intentionally deceptive.
It is very reasonable to think that the average person knowing Shott as an American manufacturer would see that American flag ( a seperate tag, not just part of the logo ) and assume the jacket is American made.

Are these jackets being sold here in the US at all ?
I don't know exactly what the labeling and COO information is like on these, but unless they're relabeling them I have a hard time imagining these getting through customs.

It is very reasonable to think that the average person knowing Shott as an American manufacturer would see that American flag ( a seperate tag, not just part of the logo ) and assume the jacket is American made.

This is exactly what's been happening in Europe and it's getting worse. I often see people on Vinted (European used clothes marketplace) who believe their out-sourced Schott cross-zip is the same as the one made in the USA, precisely because of the American flag. And are asking stupid prices because of it.

I almost fell for it the first time I saw one of these jackets and the only thing that saved me from it was that it looked extremely bad and even that isn't so clear anymore. The OP's jacket actually looks good.

Are these jackets being sold here in the US at all ?
I don't know exactly what the labeling and COO information is like on these, but unless they're relabeling them I have a hard time imagining these getting through customs.

No but yes. Since the European market is swamped with them as Schott has been peddling them on their schott-store website, they've slowly but surely began seeping into the second hand market worldwide. And what's worse, the Americans are even more oblivious to these shitty jackets, having never been exposed to them...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo