Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What jeans are you wearing today ?

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
On "Levis" homepage, the 501 retails at ca. EUR 110-130. Of course, you´ll find a better deal of-and-on, but that´s what you can expect in this end of the world...
Wow. They're already a rip-off here in the states. At that price it's insane.

Rich22

Practically Family
Wow. They're already a rip-off here in the states. At that price it's insane.
When I was living in China, Levi's jeans retailed for 1,200-1,400rmb in store, which is about $180-210USD....

Obviously there's lots of fakes you can buy there, but they tend to be tailored to Asian body shapes, which doesn't help me much! Haha

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Wearing LVC 501s
cut of thigh and calf are great for me but the rear rise is a bit low.
Which model is it? The 1954 and 1978 has a lower rise while the early one like 1915 should have a higher rise. The 44 and 55 should be in between.

Edward

Bartender
Wearing LVC 501s
cut of thigh and calf are great for me but the rear rise is a bit low.

I've always been a bit leery of the Levis stuff for that reason. I did have some (modern) 522s and 521s, I think some orange tabk black 631s(?) as well, years ago that I liked (I think now I' find them a little low), but a pair of 501s I had about fifteen years ago were a nightmare, they were so low, put me off the brand entirely. I know historically there were versions that were higher in the waist, but it always frustrated me that a 501 is cracked up to be a 'style', but because it was turned into a brand in itself, a 501 can mean very different things depending on the model. To be fair, though, jeans for me are for kicking about in round home; I don't subscribe to the "dress jeans" way of thinking, and as long as I can get a pair of jeans that are decent and cut how I like, they're something I prefer to spend much less on than a big brand will tend to cost. Horses for courses, of course.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
My almost daily worn double knee 19oz sanforized rht zimbabwe cotton thai mill raw selvedge, 3-4yrs in, luckily im a slow fader person.
Screenshot_20220917-081329_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20220917-081316_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20220917-081411_Gallery.jpg
All the creases are set in and complex enough, but they just dont fade too much only some lighter blue showing slightly.

58panheadfan

One Too Many
Warehouse DD02 & DD14

I'm actually not a fan of distressed jeans. But I have to say these factory made WH jeans (no longer available) are one of a kind gems. Not to speak of how much work is in it & all the details:

DD02
FL_DD02_Front.JPG
FL_DD02_Back.JPG
FL_DD02_Detail 1.JPG
FL_DD02_Detail 2.JPG
FL_DD02_Label.JPG

DD14

FL_DD14_Front.JPG
FL_DD14_Back.JPG
FL_DD14_Detail 1.JPG
FL_DD14_Detail 2.JPG
FL_DD14_Label.jpg

Last edited:
My teenager is into the 90s baggy Jnco look, and we’ve been thrifting denim for him to make/ customize his own jeans. Recently we found a pair of Gap “worker” jeans that are very cool- nice and wide all the way down the leg 10.5” across the bottom hem & a 13” front rise.
FA3EC76D-DE26-4E9F-AC18-F6DB64FD7CAA.jpeg
58511C5C-7D0E-4146-A1BE-2DF4E2D41542.jpeg

Last edited:

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
15Oz Samurai ''Year of the Ox' straight-leg jeans. Really nice, slubby fabric, lovely details - the black and white cow skin hide on the pocket bags is a nice detail, as is the goatskin patch. They're shrink to fit, so be sure to check you get the right size. I bought mine from Denimio - surely the only way to buy Japanese denim if you're in the UK - and they're brilliant when it comes to keeping you on the right track.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
@handymike i go thrifting with my 17 year old daughter. Total blast. Good way to spend time. Her tastes trend 90’s too.

@Sloan1874 good to see you around. Been a minute maybe?
It has. Lot going on work-wise nowadays, so I don't have half the time I used to, though I've been getting into Japanese denim of late, which is a fascinating rabbit hole to dive down, and not quite as financially ruinous as leather jackets!

Al 916

One Too Many

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko