Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

what katie did

ShrinkingViolet

A-List Customer
I've got a 'Doreen' bra from Triumph and I think it's a pretty good alternative to real vintage bras - and it's available in larger cup sizes + gives firm support.

It's been produced in the same way since the early 60's I think, and it gives the bust a retro kind of shape but without being a pointy as bullet bras. It's not as cute as real vintage/vintage inspired bras but the shape under clothing is very va va voom!

Lola Valentine

One of the Regulars
I absolutely adore what katie did, they're the only place I buy my stockings from nowadays because the quality of them is so good, plus like has been said before, very fast delivery. I usually end up receiving my order only a day or two after I place it. But I have also bought one of their L2003 Maitresse Suspender Belt, and was disappointed as the belt was not well made and pretty much fell apart after only a few uses!

RetroModelSari

Practically Family
I´m sad to hear that parts of their clothes doesn´t seem to have a good quality. I was really considering to buy a Maitress Bra and Garter Set but now I´m not too conviced to do it anymore... I have a very very soft tummy so I can get my 31 inch waist in a 27 inch belt so what if it it poorly made and just explodes when I breath in *lol*. I might give the bras a try, but I keep my hands off the Belts.

birdiepie

New in Town
Ditto to the Low Tech billing process Ms Bella Hell, I had the same exact issue with them.

I was excited by the "Matrisse" line, very cute and authentic looking... but I was a touch dissapointed with the quality of the Matrisse garterbelt, not quite worth the price in my opinion.

Honey Doll

Practically Family
Corset

Has anyone tried their corsets? I'm looking at the brocade ones and trying to decide if it will provide enough bust support for a strapless dress. Thoughts?

Honey Doll

GOK

One Too Many
If Katie's corsets are anything like mine, they'll hold anything up!

But (isn't there always one?!)...

...if you are amply proportioned and/or less than very firm, don't go for a straight top corset because the chances are that you'll experience muffin-top and spillage. A sweetheart top is your best bet.

I don't sell off the peg corsets at all - I only make bespoke - and I have so many clients that come to me asking why when they bought the correct waist size (from elsewhere of course!), did their corset not fit. :eusa_doh:

If you are thinking of buying a corset and are not a stock standard size (who is?), I'd advise having a made to measure one. It's doubtful that it will be fully bespoke but at least your bust, waist and hip measurements will be used.

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
I ditto what GOK said about made to measure. I have bought two corsets off the peg and they were frightfully uncomforatable even though they were both rather expensive. I have taken three corsetry classes and now have a regency, a georgian, and a victorian corset- and since I am short-waisted, it is really the only way to go. I'm amazed how much longer I can wear my corsets when they are custom rather than off-the-peg.

fleur

One of the Regulars
Honey Doll said:
Has anyone tried their corsets? I'm looking at the brocade ones and trying to decide if it will provide enough bust support for a strapless dress. Thoughts?

Honey Doll

At the moment I am having the cleo one made (being of the larger bust and going on GOK's recommendation I definitely need one with straps).

I do however have two off the peg ones from a guy in germany and they fit nicely but I always wear a sheer blouse underneath.

Im having a baby pink satin with black satin trim made. I am making a black satin fishtail skirt with puddle train and will be wearing it with fascinator a la avatar. This all for a ball!

I will post pic as soon as it arrives.

GOK

One Too Many
Oh Fleur, you are going to look stunning. Is this for the do that you were talking about the other day? I can't wait to see photos.Oh, and I adore your av pic - you are such a beautiful lady! Are you coming to London the weekend after next?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner