Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

what kind of shoes with a leather jacket

Swoosed

One of the Regulars
I usually wear white sneakers with my jackets, might be too 90's but i was wondering what the rest of the world wears with thier leather jackets...

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
I only wear boots, and I am a firm believer in matching your leathers unless they are drastically different.

For example i will always go black engineer boots with my black jackets and brown engineer with my brown jackets.
On the other hand i think that you can get away with mixing tan and black, or cordovan and black...

Like this IMO looks good because they are so far apart.
IMG2_zpsdb019e56.jpg

And i will sometimes wear a cordovan belt with black leather jacket and black boots, but never brown with black.

But mostly i wear black or brown engineers (Frye or Redwing) or my Redwing 877

Last edited:

Highwaymanman

A-List Customer
I only wear boots, and I am a firm believer in matching your leathers unless they are drastically different.

For example i will always go black engineer boots with my black jackets and brown engineer with my brown jackets.
On the other hand i think that you can get away with mixing tan and black, or cordovan and black...

Like this IMO looks good because they are so far apart.
IMG2_zpsdb019e56.jpg

And i will sometimes wear a cordovan belt with black leather jacket and black boots, but never brown with black.

But mostly i wear black or brown engineers (Frye or Redwing) or my Redwing 877

This, to a tee.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I alternate leather dress shoes and cowboy boots during the week, and generally wear casual shoes on weekends. As a rule, I try to match belt, shoes (boots), and general color with leather jackets. I don't intentionally mix black and brown.

Aerojoe

Practically Family
My style goes like this;

Leather flight jacket + khakis = chukka boots

Biker leather jacket + jeans or khakis = engineer boots

Suit + tie = regular shoes, never boots

Windward

Practically Family
I prefer leather shoes of the same color.

I prefer the same as you Stanley - with the mighty three colors black, brown, cordovan I like to match the shoes and belts - maybe too snobby or just old school.
Never go with black leather jacket and brown shoes it look somehow wrong, strange and inappropriate.

Oh sh** I've forgotten to take the cordovan belt, sorry for that...:eusa_doh:

Last edited:

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
I prefer the same as you Stanley - with the mighty three colors black, brown, cordovan I like to match the shoes and belts - maybe too snobby or just old school.
Never go with black leather jacket and brown shoes it look somehow wrong, strange and inappropriate.

Oh sh** I've forgotten to take the cordovan belt, sorry for that...:eusa_doh:

This is exactly what i mentioned earlier in the thread!

IMO this really works with a black belt, and i actually think that it would be to much with a cordovan belt!
I don't own cordovan jackets or boots, but i like to do the opposite of what you did there, black jacket and boots with cordovan belt...

This brings up a question i have had for a while, why would makers do two tone leather jackets, usually black and brown, if rule number one is don't mix leathers?

Windward

Practically Family
This is exactly what i mentioned earlier in the thread!

IMO this really works with a black belt, and i actually think that it would be to much with a cordovan belt!

Thanks Carlos - maybe your right regarding the belt - three times of cordovan could probably be too much...

Last edited:

bretron

Call Me a Cab

Now, that's what I'm talking about!

Some of my general go-bys: engineers look funny with A2s, burgundy #8 shell can be tough to match, beat up ol Chucks look great with everything, and ALWAYS avoid looking too matchy-matchy (eg matching jacket, belt and boots)!

Last edited:

reeks1

One of the Regulars
Well, I've only had my brown Aero for a about a month now and it's winter here, so I've been going with some dark brown Red Wings. I did wear my "stout" colored Blundstones with it the other day, but that color is very, very close to black. Not sure I loved that combo. When it warms up, I'm sure I'll wear my Jack Purcells with it.

Jack's look in those pics is sharp as hell, I must say!! Those jeans are awesome!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner