Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What leather competition?

Leather_nube

New in Town
Dear all,

I'm new here and thought it might be a bit of fun to ask you what you think the leather actually is on the following jacket (https://www.aeroleatherclothing.com...rainee---russet-jerky-hh--42----s-5685/s-5685).

The text says it's jerky horse hide. It has a steer hide label, though.

To my untrained eye, it does indeed look like jerky HH. The only other thing in the Aero lineup that it may potentially look like is tobacco badassi, but it's not shiny enough.

I've mailed Aero to ask, but they are having issues at the moment, so there may be some time to think. I'll post here when I hear back. The prize is respect!

Cheers,

Liam

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
I have both russet jerky and russet/tabacco badalassi.

I looked the the photos a few times now. My best guess is cowhide. But I have trouble believing Aero let a trainee to practice on their premium leather. Or it might been processed as a 1st grade jacket that didn't meet their 1st grade QC standard and then it ended up with the trainee label. I just don't know. It's best to get them to give you a proper answer.

My russet jerky, grain is more coarse and pronounced than your jacket photo:
Aero Shackleton Russet Jerky 008.jpg

My russet badalassi, your photos looks more like this leather, blow my jpeg up. The lighting can be the reason why your pic looks more dull. If I take the photo in dimmer lighting it would look like your photo.
1920s Premier Coat 0000.JPG

Hide'n'seek

One of the Regulars
Well spotted, as guessed the leather is Russet Jerky Horsehide. It is a case of a simple mistake by an new machinist still learning all our leathers and fitting the wrong label ( all part of the training ) . Thanks for bringing to our attention as the incorrect label even slipped past our photographer.

Leather_nube

New in Town
Well spotted, as guessed the leather is Russet Jerky Horsehide. It is a case of a simple mistake by an new machinist still learning all our leathers and fitting the wrong label ( all part of the training ) . Thanks for bringing to our attention as the incorrect label even slipped past our photographer.
Thanks for your response and all the others above. Good to have this confirmed, and you're welcome.

I only charge a modest commission. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ