Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What makeup are you wearing today?

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
Today:

Foundation: Lancome Dual Finish powder in Matte Porcelaine I (evidently I'm really sweet on this one lately)
Powder: Coty Airspun in Translucent extra coverage
Eyes: MAC Painterly paint pot, L'Oreal Shroom Shimmer shadow, MAC Soft Brown shadow, MAC Studio Fix Lash mascara
Brow pencil: Bourjois blonde
Blush: Aveda light brownish-peach, out of a palette I put together a couple of years ago
Lips: NYX nude lip pencil, Lacura Red Velvet lipstick

Last edited:

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
I just ordered the Mac Dubonnet today, thanks C-Dot, i have been looking for a more browny red colour and lets hope it gives me the same success with the fellas too!

Satisfaction guaranteed! :) We should all really be thanking my mother, who put it on me for a photoshoot once.

Today was MAC Baron's Rose lipstick:

p1020409.jpg

And Bare Escentuals Buxom eyeshadow in Pug. This stuff is fantastic, the effect isn't shiny at all and it stays on like nobody's business!

Last edited:

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
C-dot - What colour is the 'pug' shadow, please? I'm always looking for long-wearing shadows.

It's described on the website as "smoky pewter." I'm wearing it in this picture (I hope you can see...)

Jan182011002edit.jpg

Their other colours are here :) I actually got the shadow as employee gratis from Sephora, and it was lucky, because I would have overlooked it otherwise. A five star recommendation from this corner!

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
Is it a cream shadow? I love all the BE products I've tried, but haven't used those shadows.

Also, very cool that some proceeds go to service animals, but I'm mad they don't have a "basset hound" shadow. What's up with that? [huh]

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Same thing I wear every day during the summer:
Maybelline gel eyeliner
Mary Kay mascara
Revlon cherries in the snow lips.
Tomorrow, we finally get out of the 80sF, so the lips will change to either Besame Cherry Red or Rockalily Roulette Red.

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
Kamikat - Your hair looks red in your avatar, how did you like the Cherries in the Snow lipstick? I'm auburn hair with freckles, brown eyes, fair skin with gold undertones, and I just can't wear it. I wanted to love it, but it is a shocking Lady Gaga-esque pink on me. The polish, on the other hand, is a really pretty red! I wonder if I just got a bad tube...

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
My hair is much darker now. I would call it a hot pink but a lot less Lady Gaga with darker hair. I'll post a pic tomorrow. I've already taken off my face for the night.

RockyHorror

One of the Regulars
Foundation: Covergirl trublend foundation
Powder: Mineral FX loose powder
Cheeks: No name bronzer
Brows: MAC Satin Taupe eyeshadow mixed with NYX Taupe eyeshadow
Eyes: Just Revlon Grow Luscious mascara
Lips: NYX lip pencil in Deep Red, NYX soft matte lip creme in Monte Carlo

Miss sofia

One Too Many
It's described on the website as "smoky pewter." I'm wearing it in this picture (I hope you can see...)

Jan182011002edit.jpg

Their other colours are here :) I actually got the shadow as employee gratis from Sephora, and it was lucky, because I would have overlooked it otherwise. A five star recommendation from this corner!

Thanks love! It looks great, you look smashing! Will add it to my list....

Btw - I love Cherries in the snow, but i do think i perhaps isn't for all. I'm a brunette like Kamikat and love the shade on me, it's almost a magenta colour, not at all an 'in your face pink'. I do believe they have changed the formulaton. The nail polish is to die for and one of my faves!

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
Is it a cream shadow? I love all the BE products I've tried, but haven't used those shadows.

Also, very cool that some proceeds go to service animals, but I'm mad they don't have a "basset hound" shadow. What's up with that? [huh]

I know! I want them to have a Labrador shadow. :p

It's not cream, it's such an intensely packed powder that it has a satiny, almost creamy finish. Pure heaven!

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
Primer: L'Oreal Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base
Foundation: Lancome Dual Finish
Powder: Coty Airspun
Blush: MAC Well dressed
Eyes: MAC Painterly paint pot, L'Oreal Shroom Shimmer, MAC Haux, Merle Norman eye pencil in raisin, MAC Studio Fix Lash mascara, Bourjois blonde brow pencil
Lips: Julie Hewett Film Noir lipstick, NYX natural liner pencil

Miss sofia

One Too Many
Paul and Joe primer in O1
Vichy Dermablend in Opal painted on spots (still spotty....)
Benefit Coralista blush
Coty airspun powder
Benefit dark brown eyeshadow from an old palette on brows
Benefit pale pink shadow from same palette on eyes
Max factor 2000 calorie mascara in brown/black
L'oreal lipstick in Pink brandy

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
I wear the same makeup every day whether for daytime wear or an evening out:
tinted moisturizer instead of foundation
three colors of mineral eyeshadow, coordinated to go well with the color of the outfit I'm wearing
pencil eyeliner, either a drk brown, navy or black
powder blush, one of two colors
pencil lip liner (always the same coral shade no matter the lipstick shade)
lipstick, one shade or a blend of two shades to also coordinate with my outfit. I have four lipsticks;, a peach, a bright geranium pink, a coral-brownish, and an orange-red

zombi

A-List Customer
Oh my goodness! I just had to post since I know several of us have noticed the MAC Dubonnet thanks to C-dot.... I bought some the other day and I am in LOVE with it. I have been looking for a perfect bricky colour like this and it's just such a nice match. :D

Today I'm wearing... chapstick. And brow powder, Anastasia "strawburn" brow powder. My eye is restored to normal, but I'm waiting to wear any makeup until the last 2 days of my antibiotic course are over, just in case. I cannot WAIT to put my mascara back on!

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
Oh my goodness! I just had to post since I know several of us have noticed the MAC Dubonnet thanks to C-dot.... I bought some the other day and I am in LOVE with it. I have been looking for a perfect bricky colour like this and it's just such a nice match. :D

Today I'm wearing... chapstick. And brow powder, Anastasia "strawburn" brow powder. My eye is restored to normal, but I'm waiting to wear any makeup until the last 2 days of my antibiotic course are over, just in case. I cannot WAIT to put my mascara back on!

Is this what a trendsetter feels like? :D I keed, I keed.

Glad to hear your eye is improving!

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
Today -

Foundation: MAC Studio Fix powder
Powder: Coty Airspun, Guerlain Meteorites Pearls
Blush: MAC Well dressed
Eyes: MAC Painterly paint pot, Guerlain 29 Rue de Sevres shadow palette, MAC Studio Fix Lash mascara, Bourjois blonde brow pencil
Lips: Julie Hewett Film Noir lipstick, NYX natural liner pencil

Last edited:

zombi

A-List Customer
MAC eyeshadow in "ricepaper"
Diorshow mascara in "chestnut"
Anastasia brow powder in "strawburn"
MAC lipstick in "Dubonnet"
Benefit D'finer D'liner (it's basically a clear lip liner)

I meant to put on blush but I got out of the house without it on accident!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points