Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Not To Wear: Category: Hats

Vanessa

One Too Many
8a_1_b.JPG

Discovered on ebay:

Vintage Crochet Pattern for a Cowboy Hat

This is a crochet pattern from 1976 for a Cowboy Hat. Article says.... The unique cowboy shape is achieved by crocheting extremely tight even stitches. You work the hat in three parts: crown, band, and brim. Since the size of the band is flexible, decrease as necessary for a good fit. Be sure to stagger the places where you begin each yarn ( to prevent a seam from showing ) and slip stitch at the end of each round to keep the rounds the same height.....

Vanessa

One Too Many
May the fashions of the 70's never rise again. . .

ba_1_b.JPG

This is a crochet pattern from 1976 for a Tyrolian Hat. Article says.... Wouldn't this Tyrolian-style hat make a perfect Father's Day or Christmas gift for Dad or Grandpa? Crochet as tightly as possible and the texture of the hat will be like a sturdy, tightly woven fabric that can be shaped and molded to reflect its fashionable wearer's personality....

Snrbfshn

A-List Customer
For the upcoming season...

If made with red and green yarn, you could turn it upside down and nail it to the fireplace mantle in hopes Santa would fill it up.

indyjim

Familiar Face
I just can't help staring at this picture. In my wildest dreams, I have just never seen anything that ridiculous. I just haven't! I'm trying real hard to think about what I would do if I opened a package on Christmas and that was in it. I would feel real pity for the person who spent a lot of time knitting the thing. That person is obviously not right in the head. Some people have w-a-a-a-y too much
time on their hands.

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
Jamespowers said:

Well some vintage hats from an earlier period are not greatly inspired either. Try this:

uglyhats.gif

Doesn't it make you want to go out and get your wife one?

Yeah, and one for my standing lamp.

Siirous

One of the Regulars
I find it hilarious that whoever took the time to make thhose hats took the time to actually make a ribbon for it out of the same material. I have half a mind to photoshop on a black grosgrain just to see what it would look like against the pea green yarn.

Sincerely,
Rob

Lalla

New in Town
I like those crotched hats. I'd wear them both. No accounting for taste. My sister-in-law loves liver and onions.

But I have to admit, I wouldn't date a man who wore them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR