Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What pens are we carrying today?

I have been using my Pelikan 800 and a modern Conklin mostly. I filled out a job application but had to use my Pilot G2 gel pen. The paper must have been fresh out of the copier so the chemicals on the page stopped the Conklin dead with the first letter.

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
Today's pens are a 1930 Sheaffer Balance OS lever-filler in marine green celluloid, and a 1928 Parker Duofold Big Red double-bander button-filler in...um...red celluloid. Both of them are fine-nibbed.

Edward

Bartender
Today, I am carrying my two Waterman Phileas pens. Marble green is loaded with a mid-green ink, while the marble blue pen is fired up with South Sea Blue, somewhere around the turquoise end of the blue spectrum.

panama pat

New in Town
been thinking for a long time about getting a nice fountain pen. perhaps a more "adult" version (gold cap, etc...) of my old 1973 "pelikano" pen i had at school... unfortunately i hardly get around hand writing today... -- are there any gold plated keyboards or alligator hide covered notebooks out there...? ;>

Pelikans!

Panama Pat

over in Germany you get to see a lot of models of fountain pens that don't come over to the US, especially the low end "student" pens. The same goes for most German pen manufacturers, the line up here is abreviated compared to what they make and have available there.

I had 2 low end Pelikan pens that wrote beautifully that were special imports to the US an M75 and a GO! fountain pen. Used them as gifts for some of the youngsters to introduce them to fountain pens and better hand handwriting.

panama pat

New in Town

right, john, the "pelikanos" were the students line of the pelikan brand. easily writing, cheap & nearly undestructable! they were available basically in blue and in the 70s additionally in a fancy red... ;]

ironically i came back to them when i saw an american made exclusive "shaeffer" pen which sported an integrated nib like those pelikanos had. i have always liked that streamline look...

French

Familiar Face
modern today

Namiki Bamboo pen fine nib, filled with Fountain Pen Network's Noodler's Galileo Manuscript Brown ink

Danitrio Fellowship Pen flexy extra, extra fine nib, filled with Pilot yama-budo ink from the Iroshizuku ink series.

French said:
Namiki Bamboo pen fine nib, filled with Fountain Pen Network's Noodler's Galileo Manuscript Brown ink. Danitrio Fellowship Pen flexy extra, extra fine nib, filled with Pilot yama-budo ink from the Iroshizuku ink series.

Wow, these are so luscious I want to see samples of your writing!:eusa_clap

French

Familiar Face
handwriting will likely disappoint

Hi John,

my handwriting will likely disappoint, it has gotten better, but still has a lot of room for improvement.

My pen collection has become focused primarily on Japanese pens, but it also has a couple of non-Japanese workhorses (blue Esterbrook J 9556 nib, rotring 600 extra fine nib, Lamy Al-Star fine nib, and a Conklin "Mark Twain" modern crescent medium nib.

However, as you know, when the nib meets the paper, the Danitrio just has more 'window dressing' than the Estie, but both are equally great writers.

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
I could be doing a lot of writing today, so I'm carrying my Wahl Art Deco vest-pocket fountain pen (on my watch-chain along with my pocket-watch, as these pens were traditionally meant to be worn).

As well as my 1922 Wahl Art Deco oversize. Same company and design, just different sizes.

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I bought my first fountain pen, a $40 Cross (doesn't seem to have a model name or number?), and I haven't been using much else lol.

Mr Vim

One Too Many
I only have the one, a modern Rosetta with the twist vacuum system (I have no idea how to describe that) and I'm moderately satisfied with it, but I have my eye on some vintage prospectives.

Waterman fountains seem very nice and not too pricey, does anyone have any opinion on them?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy