Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What shirt for this suit?

Vermifuge

One of the Regulars
Fletch said:
It could work, but you run the risk of looking a little stale. With the right tie, though, you can avoid that.

I've mocked up some ideas for vermifuge to kick around.
Here are foulard, paisley, and art deco ties with ecru, green, and blue shirts.

315217959_6b9393f5f3_m.jpg

The foulard/ecru is businesslike to me. The green/paisley has a British feel. The blue/Deco is 1940s in colors as well as style.

I think your first choice is best. you have a good eye!

bingolittle

New in Town
brown suit:...white shirt with large windowpanes of navy and burgundy....white db:...formal white with a shirt front....i would pair it with a pair of plaid holiday trousers....:eusa_clap

Vermifuge

One of the Regulars
Fletch said:
Thanks! I wouldn't have expected such a conservative choice from the guy in your avatar, but hey...:)

In reality I am very conservative. I rarely deviate from my every ay attire of jeans and a t-shirt. And those are always basic blues, Grays and Blacks. And when I dress up I would rather where a grey or black suit then try something as daring as navy ;)

The avatar as you might have guessed was a Halloween costume. And I don’t think there is such a thing as a “conservative” joker. But like many I let my alter ego out on the rare occasions such as Halloween.

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
Marc Chevalier said:
Fletch, you saved him from burgundy. A medal is in order! lol

I wasn't digging the burgundy shirt either...IMHO Burgundy should be reserved for ties and shoes...and for the Brits, socks.

EDIT: Smoking jacket...forgot the smoking jackets...

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
Vermifuge said:
I almost went for that one too but it seemed like a tight fit ;) but look out next time. i might be after the same thing

Well, my shoulders are quite narrow, so I tend to go for the 16-17.5 in. shoulders...you may need wider, as you indicated before.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
It is. Reminds me of a textile design called "Manhattan" from that same period that I used in a layout project once.

BTW, I am NOT the high bidder - "ah-fletch" is NOT me. I wear a 35" sleeve; this is about a 32".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany