Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Should My Next Jacket Be?

dmdmorris

One of the Regulars
I would like the informed opinions of the forum as to what my next jacket should be.

So far I have:
Cockpit: Roughneck Oil Driller in Goat
ELC: B6 Rough Wear
Bill Kelso: A2 Dubow Model 1755 in Dark Seal
Good Wear: A2 SAT in Seal Brown (waiting, about 9 months away)
Aces High: Irvin

I had an Aero Leather, Hercules Heavy Front Horse Hide, but due to a lot of weight loss, I sold it.

So my question is what do you think I should get to replace the Aero, another Hercules, nothing,?

Thanks,

Dave

PS

I'm not a fan of Motorcycle Jackets or Cafe Racers and don't want another A2

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Half belt has my vote as well! Tho I wouldn't underestimate the classic biker jacket ;)

apba1166

A-List Customer
I am not a fan of MC jackets either but do love my Langlitz Cascade. The thing is that it is understated, no gewgaws. And also available in the more flexible (and amazing) goat, and you can buy it a bit longer, as I did. The asymetrical windflap is great in bad weather, and even wearing the jacket open works. If you don't want the zip sleeves, they can delete that so it is even simpler, and they will also make it with a straight zipper if you prefer, in which case you then have a clean looking straight cut black jacket with great lines that beats most others in appearance and function.

Last edited:

javadave

New in Town
New guy here. Great collection OP!

I love the half belts/Ventura as well but isn't that a motorcycle jacket...or that was its original purpose? It is a very versatile jacket and doesn't scream biker like a perfecto. So maybe that would work for the op.

I say if you loved that Hercules then get another. My personal favorites are the half belts and highwayman.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80