Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Songs Have Your Name in Them?

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Fletch said:
shakeshead My grumblegrumble apologies. I had no idea things were getting so la-di-da around here.
[angel] Pardon me, mater, I'm off to play the grand piano.

No, you aren't rude. It's the people strolling through me. lol

Magpie Annie

Familiar Face
My first name is Sarah, and as a child I LOVED "Sara" by Starship, it is so cheesy but as a three year old I was absolutely positive that it was about me! lol

But I really do love "Sara" by Fleetwood Mac, I think that song is beautiful!

Actually, I have an old southern style double name (Sarah Anne), and I just found a song through an ITunes search called "Sarah Anne's Eyes", which is strange because my name is a weird one!

splatt

One of the Regulars
I can't believe i'm actually writing this here...

Up until around 1984 or 1985 i was called Mickey (my real name, Miroslav, was obviously to hard for Australians to pronounce or remember at the time)...oh the pain i went through every time someone started singing the 1982 Tony Basil song called..."Mickey" :rage:

Tony_Basil_-_Mickey_picture_cover.jpg

You no doubt remember it..."Oh Mickey, you're so fine / You're so fine you blow my mind / Hey Mickey! Hey Mickey!" :eusa_doh:

sixsexsix

Practically Family
RetroToday said:
Don't think there's any songs with my name - nothing really rhymes with Jeremy. :(

I think the closest to it was CCR's "Jeremiah was a Bullfrog"?

jeremy by pearl jam?

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
Magpie Annie said:
My first name is Sarah, and as a child I LOVED "Sara" by Starship, it is so cheesy but as a three year old I was absolutely positive that it was about me! lol

Actually, I have an old southern style double name (Sarah Anne), and I just found a song through an ITunes search called "Sarah Anne's Eyes", which is strange because my name is a weird one!

"...I love Sarah's singin'..."

Reference to Sarah Vaughan from "I Love Being Here with You."

RetroToday

A-List Customer
sixsexsix said:
jeremy by pearl jam?

:eusa_doh: Arghh! You're right, I forgot about that one. It kind of haunted me in my days at high school when it was released. People used to start singing it to me when they learned my name, got very annoying after the first two times, after that I started to wish the song never existed.

Think somebody even nicknamed me Jeremy-spoke-in.

I like the song a lot, but the few years it was extremely popular wore my patience thin. Maybe that's why it didn't come to mind, my brain now has blocked it out...

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Another Sara...

Magpie Annie said:

But I am "H"less and fancy free...
So yes, that HORRIBLE Stevie Nicks song (I love Fleetwood Mac, but I hate Stevie Nick's attempts at singing - and she didn't even have the band to help her out on that one), but also that very lovely blue-eyed soul song, "Sara Smile" by Hall and Oates...although I had gotten a bit tired of it in the 70s...

Sadly, there don't seem to be any 30s songs with my name! Or I would certainly learn it...

Audrey Horne

Practically Family
Wendy

Windy - The Association (It's spelled wrong but my mom used to sing it to me as a child and I thought it was about me)
Wendy Time - The Cure

Songs I came up with though searching:
Wendy - The Beach Boys (How did I not know about this song??)
Wendy Clear - Blink 182
Wendy - Descendents
Tomorrow Wendy - Concrete Blonde (a large part of the song seems to be "Oh Wendy, you're going to die...").
Wake Up Wendy - Elton John (what a strange song for Elton John!)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy