Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What style of jacket is this?

chillinginthenameof

Familiar Face
I've only owned cafe racers so this is out of my wheel house. Is this a highwayman?

f41a2742b28c0f758983220125f81aef.jpg

johnnyjohnny

Practically Family
you'd need to see the back to say for sure, but the line all the way across the chest does put it in the category, as stated above, of a standard mall jacket albeit with thicker leather and a more motorcycle jacket genre. i collect military and legit police and motorcycle jackets, most of which the authentic ones do NOT have the line across the chest. if one was to see the back it likely has a line/seam down the middle. a highwayman at most would have a yoke across the upper back and a non-divided remaining piece below it. i'd bet this has a seam running down from the neck, or if it has a yoke, running down from that to the bottom, or a kidney pad. the thicker leather suggests Korean or Pakastani build rather than Chinese (tho it could be). for a truer response i'd post a picture of the back as well.

chillinginthenameof

Familiar Face
you'd need to see the back to say for sure, but the line all the way across the chest does put it in the category, as stated above, of a standard mall jacket albeit with thicker leather and a more motorcycle jacket genre. i collect military and legit police and motorcycle jackets, most of which the authentic ones do NOT have the line across the chest. if one was to see the back it likely has a line/seam down the middle. a highwayman at most would have a yoke across the upper back and a non-divided remaining piece below it. i'd bet this has a seam running down from the neck, or if it has a yoke, running down from that to the bottom, or a kidney pad. the thicker leather suggests Korean or Pakastani build rather than Chinese (tho it could be). for a truer response i'd post a picture of the back as well.
No, not really…
I think this is more of a 90s Marc Jacobs, Gap, or other mall style.
Thanks for the actual replies I appreciate it. I was just wondering if that general design had a name. to make ebay searches easier. Looks like whatever it is it's not going to break the bank which is great.

Some may be amused that it's not vintage or expensive but I just like that look and fit.

Definitely 90's, early 2000's Kenneth Cole or Marc Jacobs. Dirt cheap on ebay (which they should be). They are all over ebay and I suspect you'll find one with little effort.
1696353448842.png

1696353474904.png

1696353516143.png

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
It also kind of reminds me of some '90's style Gap jackets. Not sure what size you want but this one is rather similar to the photo above, less the line across the chest. Looks pretty decent, this one in an XL, however the price is a bit high in my opinion:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/325501885493?

1696361575723.png

Also Banana Republic had similar ones and this one looks quite new and is 50% of the price of the Gap above:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/186055832294?

1696361839465.png

One more option is Andrew Marc - they were quite expensive when new and thier prices are all over the baord, so check them out closely if you go for one. This one is an XL:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/166358204152?

1696362115104.png

chillinginthenameof

Familiar Face
Can you elaborate on the "fit" part of "I just like that look and fit"? Just curious what you like about it?
Combination of short body length and baggy sleeves and a slightly too big fit overall looks good (on the flawless professional model 10 years younger than me).

I would 100% look like heroin addict in it but the heart wants what the heart wants.

Aerofan, thank you for those suggestions I'll add them into my ebay automated searches.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
It could be a very recent model since lately the fashion style got another relaps into oversize again, at a glance it looks like a jacket 4 sizes too big but with chopped sleeve cuff and waist band, but intentionally

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany