Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What to wear with gray herringbone?

1911 Man

A-List Customer
Would all of you that own a gray herringbone sportcoat please post some pics of shirts and trousers you would recommend wearing with it. I'm trying to get some ideas. Thanks.

donCarlos

Practically Family
I wear mine with grey trousers, black would be possible as well. Shirt is white, or light blue, perhaps I´ll try some wilder combinations, but not now.

I got some very positive comments on this outfit here (both coat and jacket are herringbone. I think of having some trousers made from the same material)

¨
2009_01250002.jpg

Lone_Ranger

Practically Family
Hmmm, try a Model 29 Smith & Wesson, in a leather shoulder rig, and a maroon sweater vest. It worked for Clint Eastwood, in the original Dirty Harry ;)

If I recall, his trousers were JC Penney's finest charcoal gray.

1911 Man

A-List Customer
Lone_Ranger said:
Hmmm, try a Model 29 Smith & Wesson, in a leather shoulder rig, and a maroon sweater vest. It worked for Clint Eastwood, in the original Dirty Harry ;)

If I recall, his trousers were JC Penney's finest charcoal gray.

The sweater vest I own, charcoal trousers are a good idea, but a Smith and Wesson revolver?? Are you kidding? Doesn't my user name clearly state 1911 Man? ;)

Actually I own 2 S&W's, I love my model 19 .357

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy